The best advice

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What is the best advice you were ever given as a child? What has stuck with you over the years and made an impact on you?

And now that you're the adult, what advice would you now give a child?

Reactions: Paintman
You may not be the smartest student in the class, but strive to be the hardest working student. Hard work is recognized and has its rewards.

Reactions: Paintman
" Do the things you have to do, whether you like it or not." Thanks Pop!
#2 I needed a hand one day and enlisted the 12 yr. old neighbor boy. Afterwards as he went home he said "I'm bored." I told the kid "I've never been bored a day in my life." Said it kinda hard. Dad heard about it over the dinner table, and came over the next day and thanked me. I told him someone once said that to me when I was his age, sure did change my thinking, and darn if that isn't a good way to live.:)
#3 A baseball manager once told me to stop pitching like Mark Flanagan (He was a Baltimore Oriole I was copying) and start pitching like Paintman. That got the slider workin' again. Works with golf and all other important aspects of life. 'To thine own self be true."
These little sayings really have helped me avoid trouble and swerved me into some cool things !

Reactions: Debi