The 90's...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What do you miss from the 90's?
What would you bring back from that time?
What don't you miss from back then?
363344153_675293101291066_6892117718912497527_n.jpg

the 90's was a good decade....lots of experiences. lots of travel. a lot of good times and met a lot of good people. i think the travel and moving from state to state and place to place is one thing i would like to do again. that and spending tons of time on the coast lines and beaches all around the gulf and east coast.

the 90's was a good decade....lots of experiences. lots of travel. a lot of good times and met a lot of good people. i think the travel and moving from state to state and place to place is one thing i would like to do again. that and spending tons of time on the coast lines and beaches all around the gulf and east coast.
Ohhh, the travel bug is bitin' you hard again, Paul!

and the first half of the 90's was internet free.... so much better world.
Ohhh, the travel bug is bitin' you hard again, Paul!
yes indeed it is. ive been stationary for too long now. close to 20 years in this one place now, almost time to sell and relocate, just trying to find where that may be.........

You wouldn't know by looking at me today but I grew up poor. We didn't always have electricity or water because my Mom arranged bills by "what can be cutoff for a week without too much inconvenience". And we sometimes went to grocery stores the next city over when there was a good chance we'd end up on the "do not accept checks from this person" list after they tried to deposit funds. However none of this really affected me because it was within the home.

What did have an impact was never having good clothes. Pretty much everything I wore was either hand-me-downs or from the thrift store. I would sometimes get brand new clothes from my grandparents for Christmas or my Birthday, but I think my parents put the word out that money was a better gift because I was so picky. They would then use that money to pay bills or buy groceries. Still I didn't mind so much, I just hated being picked on by others for wearing old, ill fitting, worn out clothes that belonged to a different era.

Then something wonderful happened in the 90's called Grunge! Suddenly the way I dressed was hip, cool and trendy. Other kids would beg their parents to buy them clothes that looked like mine. My closet was now the cutting edge of fashion and I was the popular kid. It was fun while it lasted.

Just this past weekend I took my Son shopping for Back-to-School clothes and saw that some of the "new" fashion choices looked awfully familiar. My wife even asked "Isn't this basically what we wore in the 90's?" and that it must be due to Gen-X now being parents. I told my family that we should go through old childhood photos from the 90's and design a clothing line based on it called X-eneration ( like generation but with an X) and sell it to old Gen-X ers and their kids.

2 Stroke Motocross! Times with me Bruce and Candice, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam. 1996 was my year. Life was really fun! Mom and Dad were still somewhat healthy. Had a great gf, Jeremy McGrath destroyed…the competition that year in Supercross winning 14 out of 15 rounds, and smoked a lot of Pot! Lol.
Sorry….

Last edited:
and the first half of the 90's was internet free.... so much better world.

yes indeed it is. ive been stationary for too long now. close to 20 years in this one place now, almost time to sell and relocate, just trying to find where that may be.........
Paul you already live in the prettiest spot in the US I think. Just go for trips.

Best time of my life. I split with the evil ex, I was free apart from being a single dad but I was free :Das mum minded the kids on the weekends. I partied a bit, or a lot, lol. Hung out with the homies, cool dudes in the Blue Mountains, went to see bands and met a few friendly ladies. The 90's music takes me back there now, I love it. I'm going to move back there soon, all the dudes are old guys now but still cool :cool:and can't wait to see them again.