Tesla self-driving crash

I am glad that the driver can over ride the Tesla self drive actions. It would take me awhile to trust self drive.

I am glad that the driver can over ride the Tesla self drive actions. It would take me awhile to trust self drive.
I will never trust it. And, what fun is THAT anyway? There is a certain joy that happens when you take the wheel and can go anywhere you want. That thing has to follow a program.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I find the opening quote of "So much for Tesla having the most advanced self-driving technology in the world." to be a bit bellicose. Can the reporter point to whatever self-driving technology is more advanced than this? An advanced system experiencing bugs is still an advanced system.

I'm sure there will come a day when people are fully comfortable with a car that drives itself. It will change the way we view things like taxi's/Uber/Lyft and also how parking lots are designed. Imagine driving yourself, to let's say the airport, and after you get there an exit the car it drives itself back to your house. Then when you're ready to be picked up it just drives itself to you. However, the technology isn't quite there yet and certainly not at a price point for mass adoption.

Reactions: JahaRa
The problem is that the Tesla self-driving software mimics human drivers perfectly.

• Haha
Reactions: JahaRa
I'm sure there will come a day when people are fully comfortable with a car that drives itself. It will change the way we view things like taxi's/Uber/Lyft
I'm glad you younger folks can see a silver lining in all this. As for me, this new tech world has me shaking my head and yearning for the day of stick shift.

Reactions: Stevedog and JahaRa
I'm glad you younger folks can see a silver lining in all this. As for me, this new tech world has me shaking my head and yearning for the day of stick shift.
Yep, and the ability to change your own carburator, brakes, spark plugs or radiator.

Reactions: Stevedog and Debi
It's not so much that I'm looking forward to such things, just that I've made my peace with the idea that every new beginning is some other beginning's end.

Reactions: Debi