Tall Women, Short Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked Apple

Anam Cara
Reaction score
Many social norms change throughout the years, but one that still remains is the tall woman with short man taboo. If you are a male, have you or would you date someone taller than you? If you are a female, would you date someone shorter than you? I would not be comfortable with a man shorter than I am, so that's a "no" for me. What about you?

I never dated anyone taller than me, but then I am 6'5", so women taller than that are fairly uncommon. I wouldn't have ruled it out, certainly.

My wife is 5'3". I tell her she only married me so she has someone around to change light bulbs and reach stuff on the high shelves. :D

Reactions: Naked Apple
Wow, that's tall! I'm 5'7" so unless someone is 5'6" or shorter, it hasn't been an issue for me. My celebrity crush is Bill Mahar, and he's 5'8".....so If I ever meet Bill...

Reactions: Debi and surge
At 5' 7" plus a half inch, I have dated shorter men before. In fact, my first husband (brief as that was) was not quite 5' 7". My youngest son is about your height, Surge, and he usually dates the short little ones, too! lol

I'm married to a man who is 6'2", but when dating height never really came into play for me. It just affected what shoes I wore! Flats vs heels and all. :D

I'm not as tall as Surge, I'm only 6'2", but I agree I would not rule it out - I don't discriminate :p - would that be a "heightist"? I have to be honest, I'm a leg man, and so a tall girl is gonna have legs that go on forever! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.