Surgeon transplants head on monkey

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Surgeon has transplanted the head of a monkey - Unexplained Mysteries
The alleged success could mean that plans to perform a human head transplant in 2017 are still on track.
Controversial surgeon Dr Sergio Canavero, who believes that transplanting someone's head from one body to another is actually feasible, is so sure that this can be done that he has been asking billionaires for financial support to help him carry out such an operation on a live patient.

The intended recipient of the new body will be 30-year-old Valery Spiridonov who suffers from a genetic muscle-wasting condition called Werdnig-Hoffmann disease.

"When I realized that I could participate in something really big and important, I had no doubt left in my mind and started to work in this direction," he said. "The only thing I feel is the sense of pleasant impatience, like I have been preparing for something important all my life."

Now in preparation for this feat Dr Canavero has claimed that he has managed to successfully perform the procedure on a live monkey at Harbin Medical University in China.

"The monkey fully survived the procedure without any neurological injury of whatever kind," he said.

Despite his assertions however the claim has been met with a significant degree of skepticism as no scientific confirmation of the operation has been forthcoming.

Many scientists have also raised concerns about what could happen to Mr Spiridonov should the procedure ever be attempted on him and what sort of existence he would have afterwards.
- See more at: Surgeon has transplanted the head of a monkey - Unexplained Mysteries

OMG....

I like my head right where it is. This is stuff right out of nazi medical experiments!
OK, let's say this guy actually goes ahead (pardon the pun) and does this to his human volunteer. Now, just WHERE is this new body coming from on which the old head is to reside? Does this not take TWO volunteers?

Reactions: JoMama and Mokey
OK, let's say this guy actually goes ahead (pardon the pun) and does this to his human volunteer. Now, just WHERE is this new body coming from on which the old head is to reside? Does this not take TWO volunteers?
I would guess yes but good luck finding one. I would hope there are laws against this somewhere!!

Reactions: Debi
just when you need Elsa Lanchester lol...

images