Stupidest songs of all time!

Fantastic idea for a thread, Armand! I bring you.... From Newcastle, England (1990), home of VIz comic, heavy drinking, Newcastle Brown Ale*, swearing and going out in only a vest in January to pick fights (all of which feature in Viz):
Lindisfarne featuring Gazza! (Famous football - soccer to America- player)
Sadly the all copies of the video have been destroyed by Paul "Gazza" Gasgoine's lawyers, Lindesfarne's lawyers and anybody else who could find a copy but here is the version with the stupidest image I could find! :)

*pronounced Nukey Broon

Last edited:
Reactions: Armand
We used to mash that up (by singing; we had no mad skillz) with another novelty hit of the day. I present: UK Children's TV megastar, Timmy Mallet with girls in bikinis! AH YEAH!

I posted this too as whenever the Gazza song came on we used to interupt with "AH YEAH!" at points. We (this being me and people at school) also used to do that in any long conversation, after anyone had made a serious point or just whenever it was stupidest. I wonder if modern kids know that memes already existed before the internet?

Last edited:
Aaaand a double bill of a stupid song (80s): Agadoo by Black Lace
and it's parody: The Chicken Song from satirical TV classic Spitting Image. See how many puppets of 80s people you can identify in the video! To vaguely tie in with the mystery theme of the site, one of them is Lord Lucan.
Agadoo was judged as 'safe for kids and the sort of thing they'd like' and was often played at parties and school discos. It was widely hated, so when The Chicken Song came out (I was about 9 or 10) we all loved it and after much discussion and arguing nailed the lyrics. Sort of. Then sang it. A lot. On one school trip there was a whole coachload of 10 year olds singing The Chicken Song until the teachers couldn't take any more and made us stop.

I don't remember who figured out what exactly, but I am proud that it was definitely me who got "Eat a Renault 4 with salami in your ears".

For fans of Robert W. Chambers or the Chulhu mythos I think we can clearly see that the video to Agadoo is from a stage performance of The King in Yellow.

Ai Agadoo Fnargn!

Last edited:
Reactions: Armand
I know this is overkill, but I missed out this: if you can find it, the greatest multi-person karaoke song of all time:
Note: All of these songs were top 10 hits in the UK!