Study on ancient Magical Texts

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
This promises to be a very interesting study imo. They aren't looking into performing rituals, but using dating methods, linguistics, and other contemporary academic antiquarian methodologies to determine where different beliefs and practices actually originated from. I for one have long held that it is possible that the Lesser Key of Solomon doesn't come from Solomon, but may originate from what most people would call Aztec Mexico, due to the issue of the use of obsidian mirrors which aren't part of any Judaic or Egyptian rituals in antiquity. Let's see what the Germans find out.

This promises to be a very interesting study imo. They aren't looking into performing rituals, but using dating methods, linguistics, and other contemporary academic antiquarian methodologies to determine where different beliefs and practices actually originated from. I for one have long held that it is possible that the Lesser Key of Solomon doesn't come from Solomon, but may originate from what most people would call Aztec Mexico, due to the issue of the use of obsidian mirrors which aren't part of any Judaic or Egyptian rituals in antiquity. Let's see what the Germans find out.
I think this may be interesting to watch too. However, that is a lot of money to spend on curiosity, I don't see how it changes much. I must admit picturing an academic in front of a caldron is a funny mental pic.

I think this may be interesting to watch too. However, that is a lot of money to spend on curiosity, I don't see how it changes much. I must admit picturing an academic in front of a caldron is a funny mental pic.
I dunno; given its something we are interested in as a hobby ( I assume), it seems at least a little flattering that some seriously qualified people with some serious money are getting interested. I don't think they plan to summon the Goetia btw, but rather to finally figure out who was making all these claims and where it all started.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
I dunno; given its something we are interested in as a hobby ( I assume), it seems at least a little flattering that some seriously qualified people with some serious money are getting interested. I don't think they plan to summon the Goetia btw, but rather to finally figure out who was making all these claims and where it all started.
A very valid point Al, you have changed my mind about the topic. Thanks.

Reactions: Alchopwn
OK, Al does make an excellent point. I shall reserve judgment. But if they bungle the words and summon a demon, I shall say I "told ya so!"

• Haha
Reactions: Lynne and Alchopwn