Stonehenge is...

They are still guessing lol. I don’t think we will ever know unless we can find some text somewhere.

That was the ONE place i wanted to visit when over in England. It just didn't work with the short time i was there. I saw a show that they did an acoustic experiment there. I forget the hertz, but it is a common one for ancient sites. The rocks i believe gave off a vibration at that specific tone. Pretty nifty stuff.

Reactions: JahaRa and Lynne
That was the ONE place i wanted to visit when over in England. It just didn't work with the short time i was there. I saw a show that they did an acoustic experiment there. I forget the hertz, but it is a common one for ancient sites. The rocks i believe gave off a vibration at that specific tone. Pretty nifty stuff.
Here’s something showing it might have been an amphitheater.

Reactions: Selectric
Here’s something showing it might have been an amphitheater.
Very interesting stuff. The ancient people throughout the world were a HELL of a lot smarter than some give them credit for. A lot of places are geared for sound, astrology, i forget which place it was..i think it was in Ireland...where there were some type of carvings that when really studied, gave the exact circumference of the planet. Now that was a time when people thought the world was flat..probably older i'm sure.