"Springing" into action...

Cactus can be fun! I have some hints on that if you go that way...like how to move them into a new pot without hurting yourself. Ouch.
They're really great. And easy to take care of. I used a little Miracle Grow on one once - it got BIG. It grew to at least three or four times the original height before it died. I had it for about a year or two and it sucked losing it.

MOTHER NATURE IS REVEALING SPRING IS AT OUR DOORS AND MAY SPRING FORTH ANYTIME NOW!

WHAT'S ON YOUR SPRING "TO DO" LIST?
SPRING CLEANING?
GARDEN PREP?
ORDERING SEEDS OR PLANTS?
REPAIRS?

WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST THIS YEAR?
Not here, she isn't! March is usually one of the coldest times of the year. The temperature is around freezing. There's sun, but it's the sort of sun where you could believe the sun radiates cold, so my immediate plans are to wrap up warm and be glad I don't rely on gas for heating. Mother Gaia likes to attend to other places first on this spring thing.
In short: Brrrrrrrrrr!

Not here, she isn't! March is usually one of the coldest times of the year. The temperature is around freezing. There's sun, but it's the sort of sun where you could believe the sun radiates cold, so my immediate plans are to wrap up warm and be glad I don't rely on gas for heating. Mother Gaia likes to attend to other places first on this spring thing.
In short: Brrrrrrrrrr!
Stay bundled up and warm, Benway!

Reactions: RoseRed and Benway
Just coming into Autumn here, then Winter, ahh, my favorite time to get out bush. Spring is all about getting the veg garden producing and practically hibernating through Summer :sweat:.

Reactions: Benway and RoseRed
I typically have my peas in the ground by now but didn't get the garden shut-down properly last fall, due to my wife's stroke. I spent almost all of October at her hospital bedside, 15 miles from home. As a result, the veggie garden is a complete mess that will require several weekends, at this point, for me to get ready. Because I didn't get the mulch turned-under in the fall, I will have to scrape it all off, pile it up, and compost it over the course of the summer. Instead I will add a few cubic yards of composted poultry manure this spring, to make up for the missing organic infusion of last year's mulch. I've been growing vegetables in that spot for 33 years and I'm not quite ready to retire my hoe just yet.

4 inches of snow Saturday night means I have a mudhole for at least another week to ten days so it's looking like the peas are going to be very late this spring. Never happened before.

I have one room left to declutter (if I don’t count the basement;ss), I plan to do it soon. It’s filled with my daughters childhood toys and awards. On top of that I have filled it with my processed wool for spinning.