Spring has Sprung!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
As I fed the elementals this morning and welcomed Spring, I heard the birds singing their spring songs (yes, they have spring songs) and noticed that nature was starting to show signs of waking up. FINALLY! I think most of us welcome this new season with open arms after the kind of winter we've experienced!

I was all happy about it until I got to thinking....here comes the Spring chore list! :eek: For me, Spring has always brought with it the need to clean and make new. Perhaps it's because of the Spring cleaning that was mandatory at my house when I was growing up, but there also seems to be something compelling about making things bright and shiny again after a long winter.

So, do you do the Spring cleaning thing? How about the list for outside prep for the summer to come?
What's on YOUR list and how long is it? (Mine's getting longer by the minute!)

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2015/03/20/winter-weather-advisory-spring/

OK, so SOME of you in the NE are going to have a slight delay with the spring-thing!

Bring on spring!!

Yes, there is a list! We'll pull all the appliances out from their usual spots so we can clean behind them. I'm always shocked at the dust bunnies that have taken up residence since the last time, especially behind the washer and dryer!

All our winter and fall clothes will get a wash before their spring/summer storage, and the closet will be thinned. If there is something that wasn't worn during the winter. it's most likely going into the donate pile. The carpets will receive a shampoo, and the ceilings and ceiling fans get cleaned. Also the windows.

The pantry gets rotated, and if there's something in there getting close to expiration it either gets used or goes in the donate pile. Ditto the freezer and fridge.

The computers all get opened up and cleaned. Dog hair and dust love the inside of a computer! Sometimes I'll also do a fresh operating system installation, but probably won't bother this year. My Windows 8 box will become a Windows 10 box soon enough, and the Windows 7 box got a fresh install a few months ago. Aside from my wife's laptop, everything else runs Linux.

I'll check the fence to make sure it's still in good shape, and do the same for the outside of the house. The grill gets a clean and shine from top to bottom, and the lawn mowers get fresh oil and such in preparation for their maiden outings of the season. I'll also make sure there's nothing in the yard that the mowers will find disagreeable!

Gotta clean out the birdhouses, too, and I'm sure I'm forgetting things!

Reactions: Debi
LOL Sounds amazingly close to what's on my list and it's wearing me out just looking at it. Good thing I have an adult son still here who shall be earning his rent this next few weeks! ;)

Reactions: surge
You are gonna be one busy bee! We also have wall washing on the agenda around here and possibly paint in the bedroom and en suite. We washed them last year when we moved in, but since this was the rental house, I do believe a little paint may be needed this year as well. Hmmmm....may have to call in the Peoria troops to help out! The list keeps expanding.

Oh, and the little garden bed needs to be cleaned, too! (I see an unhappy son in my life soon! lol)

Don't mention painting!! My wife was just saying last night that some sort of sunset yellow would look nice in the kitchen. I pretended not to hear, of course! :D

Reactions: Debi
he he he....you are doomed! Once we have a "vision", it's all over except the paint purchase, my dear!

178010046-man-holding-up-a-dripping-paint-brush-gettyimages.jpg

Nice color! You'll look good in it, Surge!

Status
Not open for further replies.