Open Lines Some people age 3 X's faster than others....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/283378/some-people-age-3-times-faster-than-others

The discovery was made following a US study of 38-year-olds which looked at a number of health indicators including heart health, cholesterol levels and lung function.

While most of the group's biological and chronological ages turned out to be more or less the same, for a small number there were stark differences. Some of the volunteers appeared to have aged up to three times more in the same amount of time while others had barely even aged at all.

"We set out to measure ageing in these relatively young people," said lead scientist Dr Dan Belsky.

"Most studies of ageing look at seniors, but if we want to be able to prevent age-related disease, we’re going to have to start studying ageing in young people."

Several of the individuals who appeared to be ageing abnormally fast had reportedly experienced more difficulty undertaking physical tasks and had poorer balance and problem solving skills.

"Already, before midlife, individuals who were ageing more rapidly were less physically able, showed cognitive decline and brain ageing, self-reported worse health, and looked older," scientists wrote.

Are you one of those young looking ones who defies your age?

I have a son who had grey hair at 18, so I've actually seen this in my own family. I've been told I don't look my age, but that could just be some nice people making me feel good! lol Do you look, and feel, your age?

I look older, my wife looks younger. I'm sure if I had hair and used some Grecian in my beard I'd look closer to my age. :p

Oh dear Goddess...you sound like a younger version of my hubs. ;):eek: (Forget the Grecian.....:rolleyes:)

Reactions: surge