Printing copies of haunted objects?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
World's First Haunted Object 3D Scanning Project is Confusing Ghosts, Producing Haunted Clones

World’s First Haunted Object 3D Scanning Project is Confusing Ghosts, Producing Paranormally-Active Prints

The Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult, the world’s only mobile museum of haunted artifacts, has launched the first-ever initiative to 3D scan and compile a database of paranormally-active objects. There’s just a couple problems: the project is confusing the ghosts and producing haunted 3D prints.

“In hindsight, I guess we should have anticipated this,” occult museum director Greg Newkirk says, “but when it comes to working with haunted artifacts in new, unexplored ways, you never know what’s going to happen. We’re attempting something that’s never been done before, laying the groundwork for future study of paranormally-active objects. There are going to be quirks we can’t see coming.”

Newkirk is referring to the unintended consequences of the Haunted Object 3D Scanning Initiative, an effort to build a comprehensive database of the world’s most haunted artifacts. Launched in February, the project has seen Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult founders Greg Newkirk and Dana Matthews scanning cursed idols, self-immolating Ouija planchettes, drums used to summon voodoo-spirits, and even a haunted mask with a habit of kickstarting out-of-body experiences. Unsurprisingly, the project is the first of its kind, combining the study of supernaturally-influenced artifacts with cutting-edge technology. But now that the project is four months in, the museum curators are discovering that it’s hard to teach an ancient spirit new tricks.

“Some objects just don’t want to be scanned,” Matthews says, gesturing to a large African idol with a history of causing intense nightmares (which they’ve nicknamed Billy). “In the case of Billy, he kept literally putting up a wall in front of his face every time we tried to scan it [see embedded video above]. We had to sit down and conduct an EVP session with him to find out he was just concerned about the scanning process; he didn’t understand what we were trying to do with him.”

Once the process of performing a 3D scan was explained to the idol, along with the duo’s reasons for conducting the scan, Matthews says that “Billy” finally allowed his image to be catalogued. In all, the process of scanning the haunted artifact took over thirty hours, most of which the curators say account for negotiations with the attached spirit. These types of strange hiccups aren’t uncommon, Newkirk says.

“We’ve had equipment malfunction in bizarre ways, artifacts mysteriously go missing before we can scan them, and just two weeks ago, we went to print a 3D duplicate of a haunted mask we’ve named The Fetid Face and it completely melted the printer. It destroyed the equipment.”

Full story at site!

Reactions: Paintman
This idol of nightmares or Billy, is very strange. It really seems to be possessed. What do you all think it is?

Reactions: Paintman
This idol of nightmares or Billy, is very strange. It really seems to be possessed. What do you all think it is?
When you consider that entities are energy, the energy used to "scan" would be something they can mess with. (Notice how scientific that statement is...lol))

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
When you consider that entities are energy, the energy used to "scan" would be something they can mess with. (Notice how scientific that statement is...lol))
Right. I was wondering if he is a Djinn, spirt of a dead person etc.

Which makes me wonder, if objects can have energies attached to them, do they transfer to the new object, or does the printer somehow copy the energies too?

Which makes me wonder, if objects can have energies attached to them, do they transfer to the new object, or does the printer somehow copy the energies too?
I've read a bit more on this recently, and the fear is they may transfer energy to the copies. I do know for sure that entities can travel over electronic energy. Especially the demonic kind. Had an episode while working as a producer for a show when that actually happened to the podcaster and I had to help him cleanse his home. He had large objects being tossed around his house after interviewing a man with a demon. Other hosts had the same experience, thus that guest is no longer on the circuit or interviewed anymore.

I've read a bit more on this recently, and the fear is they may transfer energy to the copies. I do know for sure that entities can travel over electronic energy. Especially the demonic kind. Had an episode while working as a producer for a show when that actually happened to the podcaster and I had to help him cleanse his home. He had large objects being tossed around his house after interviewing a man with a demon. Other hosts had the same experience, thus that guest is no longer on the circuit or interviewed anymore.

I see...

Reactions: Lynne
I'm gonna be getting a 3d printer soon. I'm not doing shady stuff like this tho. The printer might just burn down or something.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
I'm gonna be getting a 3d printer soon. I'm not doing shady stuff like this tho. The printer might just burn down or something.
Good thinking. No need to blow out a circuit. Just for thought: I don't think the energy of a haunted item can transfer to the replica item. It's all about intention and where it is focused. So the spirit stays where the spirit intends to be. I can't see how it could clone itself into a different media, such as stone or wood copying itself to poly-Godknowswhat plastic. I think spirit cloning violates Universal laws.
2ndly. The intention of spirit also depends on the observer. Our perceptions of an object give the object our subjective meaning. So, yeah, if you made a copy of the King Kamaya Kamaya statuette that haunted The Brady Bunch in Hawaii, and believed as Greg did, then you'll expect disaster in your life.
Interesting article. Interesting that my take on this is Plato's 'Allegory of the Elephant in the Cave', Schopenhauer's cat, and a groovy TV show.:confused: