Preferred method of...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

What is your preferred method of Christmas shopping?
Do you like to go to the brick and mortar stores or are you shopping online?

Has this changed over the last few years for you?
For me, I can say the Amazon truck knows it's way to my door...lol

I do, however, miss the old days of window shopping and Christmas displays in the windows!
404476144_916624929905305_3096329158304952477_n.jpg

I like the convenience of of shopping online and not having to fight the crowds. But I do miss the certainty of picking something up, holding it in my hands and getting a feel for whether or not it's what I'm really looking for.

Also, when bringing something home from the store I'm not worried about "what day will it get here" or "will it arrive on time". A few years ago we git the kids all their presents from Amazon but at the last minute everything for my son got delayed and didn't arrive until mid-January. I navigated through the snow on Christmas Eve night to the store about 45 minutes before they closed for last minute gifts picked from what was left so the boy would have presents to unwrap the next morning.

It's all online shopping for me, due to health issues. When I was younger, I preferred to look for presents way before the season, and just keep them until it was time to give them out. I do miss lovely window displays, and the Sears Wish book!

I used to shop for presents but now i give gift cards. It's so much easier as tastes change so they can shop and get exactly what they want. Significant other, well that is a personal shopping thing and will trek the stores and personally wrap the gifts. May not be the best looking wraps, but hey it's the thought, right? ;bg2

I used to shop for presents but now i give gift cards. It's so much easier as tastes change so they can shop and get exactly what they want. Significant other, well that is a personal shopping thing and will trek the stores and personally wrap the gifts. May not be the best looking wraps, but hey it's the thought, right? ;bg2
I have to disagree with gift cards, and I only use them when I have no choice. I think shopping for someone shows you care to know them enough to buy something they would like. finding the right gift and watching them open up something they can hold in their hands makes Christmas in my opinion. I am not judging anyone else, and this is not meant as a criticism, it is just my personal opinion on them. If we are all just going to exchange money what is the point of giving a gift. Everything from the item to the gift wrap shows how much you care about that person.

finding the right gift and watching them open up something they can hold in their hands makes Christmas in my opinion.
That's true but I personally would prefer a gift card, I don't know how many unwanted presents I've regifted over the years, lol. One item, a rice cooker went from family member to family member each year for years, lol. It ended up a tradition/joke of who would receive the cooker each Christmas :D.

Last edited: