Pets have it

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Pets can have some very weird, but lovable, habits and quirks. What are some or your present or past pets best stories?

image.jpeg
My one horse Thunder lets himself out of his stall. I have a chain on his stall now and he has learned to undo the clasp. I've found him in all kinds of situations. The weirdest was the morning I found him in the middle of my hay bales standing in a tiny open spot. The hay bales are stacked to the ceiling of the barn and behind a 4 foot fence. He somehow got over the fence and into the one small open spot where I had been taking bales out to feed. Getting him out was a job. Had to dismantle the fence and move a lot of hay. I should have taken a pic.

LOL He sounds like quite the smart guy!

I had Harley get himself stuck under an end table once. It had iron legs and a grid, and somehow, someway, he managed to get himself stuck in there. Took a while and some veg. oil to get him out. Another time I had a boxer go nuts and get her leg stuck, and I do mean stuck, in a fold out stool. She was wedged in there so tight we had to hacksaw her out for fear we'd break her leg just pulling. Oh, and a cat stuck in a heat vent once...THAT was interesting!

Cool critter tales (tails?) ladies. :) Shadow T. Cat likes to go outside at daybreak. Prime hunting hours, or to watch the ducks swim around. This requires waking me up. She has used countless methods - trying to flip me over, yelling, knocking everything off the night table - but lately she has developed two very effective moves. Number one is licking my eyelids.:eek:. Two is petting my face, followed by slapping my face, and then back to petting my face - with a little bit of claw.:mad:. The claw technique is fool proof ! I always have 'shaving' nicks, although I use an electric shaver.:(

LOL He sounds like quite the smart guy!

I had Harley get himself stuck under an end table once. It had iron legs and a grid, and somehow, someway, he managed to get himself stuck in there. Took a while and some veg. oil to get him out. Another time I had a boxer go nuts and get her leg stuck, and I do mean stuck, in a fold out stool. She was wedged in there so tight we had to hacksaw her out for fear we'd break her leg just pulling. Oh, and a cat stuck in a heat vent once...THAT was interesting!
Debi are they trying to escape :p

Cool critter tales (tails?) ladies. :) Shadow T. Cat likes to go outside at daybreak. Prime hunting hours, or to watch the ducks swim around. This requires waking me up. She has used countless methods - trying to flip me over, yelling, knocking everything off the night table - but lately she has developed two very effective moves. Number one is licking my eyelids.:eek:. Two is petting my face, followed by slapping my face, and then back to petting my face - with a little bit of claw.:mad:. The claw technique is fool proof ! I always have 'shaving' nicks, although I use an electric shaver.:(
Shadow is too smart.

Debi are they trying to escape :p
LOL No, cat was just nosey and managed to pry up the vent. Of course, it had to explore. Harley is just fat fluff ball and liked to lie under that table....this time he took a wrong entrance into his normal "spot". And Skylar and the stool...well THAT was just hyper dog excited by moving to a new house and not knowing she couldn't fit through the darn thing.

Love it, Debi. I relate. Shadow likes exploring, but she was in her glory while we did the 1st of the remodeling here. Sub floor had to be pulled up and replaced, so she had access to the crawl space. Plumbing re-do? More crawl. Electrical upgrade. Still more crawl.:) Upstairs isn't even touched yet, and their is a section w/ no sub floor. Just insulation. She gets into the floor rafters, under the insulation, walks down to the ceiling above my bed, and meows to me at night.:) like, "I know were you sleep, and I'm gonna haunt you !." (First time really got me :p) I was really confused. Thought I was hearing things. Couldn't pin point her voice.:confused: