Pet Names

I've had two dogs named Sport. They were very energetic, hyper but happy dogs. Mountain Feists. I didn't have them together, but my first Feist was solid black. Someone had thrown her into a dumpster. The store owner of the store I had been servicing found her and brought her in her store.

She couldn't keep her, so I took her in. I was later given a Sheltie puppy from my parents, because their own Sheltie had just given birth to five puppies. When I brought Christine home and introduced them, Sport immediately wanted to make friends, and so she did. They were inseparable. I had them for a few years until they passed.

I also had a White and Orange Tabby that we took in while buying Fireworks many years back that I named Speedy. I didn't have any real reasons for naming them, I just thought the names were memorable.

My parents named two out of their Shelties at the time Ginger and Cary - after Ginger Rogers and Cary Grant.

My three chihuahuas named Pearl, Marley and Brown, only Brown left now but they were known as the Three Amigos, the other two lived until 18 and 19, Brown is 17. They drove away deadly snakes and were great watchdogs.

Attachments

• IMG_E0209.JPG
    IMG_E0209.JPG
    364.5 KB · Views: 19
Wow!
Dog wise I have.
Diesel
River
Sam
Dakota
Duke
Bo
Daisy
Willow
Banjo
Sierra
Ranger
Molly
Glock
Love
Trouble
Bella
Rosie
Athena
Winter
Ziggy
............Cats.
Bob
Marley
Tank
Yeti
Dixie
Thing
Colt
Bear
Mia
Little
Grey
Pepper
Pumpkin
Koda
Spooky
Scooby
Spicy
Freckles
Noel
I maybe missing 1 cat.
.............Ferret
Honey.
6 ducks with no names..lol

Almost 20 years ago, I found a tiny kitten wandering across a local park. I looked around to see if I could find Mom or siblings, but found nothing. I picked her up, and she immediately began purring very loudly. I took her home, and Mr. Duke feel in love with her. It was the wife who named her "Purrdy." She lived for fifteen years and never stopped purring.

Wow!
Dog wise I have.
Diesel
River
Sam
Dakota
Duke
Bo
Daisy
Willow
Banjo
Sierra
Ranger
Molly
Glock
Love
Trouble
Bella
Rosie
Athena
Winter
Ziggy
............Cats.
Bob
Marley
Tank
Yeti
Dixie
Thing
Colt
Bear
Mia
Little
Grey
Pepper
Pumpkin
Koda
Spooky
Scooby
Spicy
Freckles
Noel
I maybe missing 1 cat.
.............Ferret
Honey.
That would be a full time job K9 looking after all those animals.

That would be a full time job K9 looking after all those animals.
It is...lol!
Between my wife and I someone is always home with them. It's constant cleaning and filling food and water bowls. It worth it though and we pretty much have it squared away and it's pretty easy.

My three chihuahuas named Pearl, Marley and Brown, only Brown left now but they were known as the Three Amigos, the other two lived until 18 and 19, Brown is 17. They drove away deadly snakes and were great watchdogs.
Oh Oz they are so adorable!

Wow!
Dog wise I have.
Diesel
River
Sam
Dakota
Duke
Bo
Daisy
Willow
Banjo
Sierra
Ranger
Molly
Glock
Love
Trouble
Bella
Rosie
Athena
Winter
Ziggy
............Cats.
Bob
Marley
Tank
Yeti
Dixie
Thing
Colt
Bear
Mia
Little
Grey
Pepper
Pumpkin
Koda
Spooky
Scooby
Spicy
Freckles
Noel
I maybe missing 1 cat.
.............Ferret
Honey.
You win, lol

People give their pets names, some unusual or offbeat, for any number of reasons. Some are descriptive, others sentimental, or just silly.

What's the most interesting name you or someone you know has given a pet and why?
I adore all things Spongebob. We got a cat and I named him Gary after Spongebobs pet snail lol