Patrick Macnee, Avengers star, dies

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-dead-at-3/?intcmp=obmod_ffo&intcmp=obnetwork

Patrick Macnee, the British-born actor best known as dapper secret agent John Steed in the long-running 1960s TV series "The Avengers," has died. He was 93.

Macnee died Thursday of natural causes with his family at his bedside in Rancho Mirage, his son Rupert said in a statement.

The clever spy drama, which began in 1961 in Britain, debuted in the United States in 1966. It ran for eight seasons and continued in syndication for decades afterward.

Macnee's character appeared in all but two episodes, accompanied by a string of beautiful women who were his sidekicks. The most popular was likely Diana Rigg, who played sexy junior agent Emma Peel from 1965 to 1968. Honor Blackman played Catherine Gale from 1962 to 1964, and Linda Thorson was Tara King from 1968 to 1969.

upload_2015-6-25_19-37-18.jpeg

I always wanted to look like Diana Riggs! lol Great show, great actor.

Reactions: Seahunter
Fond memories of watching the 'Avengers" and the "Prisoner" and of course "Dr Who" First time I saw the Daleks I hide behind the settee , to me they were malevolent . During this time I also had a very Dark Entity watch over me at night who would just stand and stare at me , for this reason the Daleks concerned me because they were filmed brilliantly by the Producer to create a sense of darkness !
Patrick Macnee was perfectly cast in his role and do you remember Honor's hit single " sexy boots" ?

Reactions: Debi and Seahunter
Did you ever watch the movie Kinky Boots? I recommend it. Killer ending.

Reactions: Debi