Part of adulting...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Have you done this? And what did you finally "share" with your parents?
Have your adult kids "shared" with you?
416514478_386509470565929_7244768443010278022_n.jpg

Two of my sons were reminiscing while my oldest battled cancer....that seemed to unleash the confessions! Dear Lord, I am grateful they are both still alive after some of the stories they told me! (The third child has been silent...lol)

There have been a few times we have released info to my parents lol. As stunned as they seemed, they weren't surprised lol. When we were at my mom's house after my dad passed, my brother and i talked about a few times, further stirring the pot. The instance both my mom and dad could never believe was the night my brother borrowed my mom's car (74 New Yorker) way back when and it never made back to the house. They swore to this day we raced it on Front Street in Philly and blew the engine. We did not. We were coming back from Wrestemania and the car started running badly, especially making a wrong turn into a very bad neighborhood. We made it out of Philly, stopping multiple times to cool the engine down. Once we got within 15-20 minutes from our house, the car went boom. Needless to say, the radiator fan was now embedded. My dad was not a happy camper getting that call at 2am.

I've only just started not worrying about mum's response at 60, lol. I've always been open with my kids but the girls have told me things recently at 32 and 34 that I'm glad I didn't hear back in the day. o_O

I've only just started not worrying about mum's response at 60, lol. I've always been open with my kids but the girls have told me things recently at 32 and 34 that I'm glad I didn't hear back in the day. o_O
When we're young, most (probably all) of us have done wild and crazy stuff. Every so often my mother slips out some stuff she did when she was younger. My dad was in the Army when he was young. He never really told us much, but after he passed, my mom and i talked about stuff sifting through his army photos and letters to her.

When we're young, most (probably all) of us have done wild and crazy stuff. Every so often my mother slips out some stuff she did when she was younger. My dad was in the Army when he was young. He never really told us much, but after he passed, my mom and i talked about stuff sifting through his army photos and letters to her.
Your dad does something and you just accept it but when mum comes out with a wild tale of her past, it leaves me shocked :openmouth:. I still think good on you mum, I love rebels, lol.

Your dad does something and you just accept it but when mum comes out with a wild tale of her past, it leaves me shocked :openmouth:. I still think good on you mum, I love rebels, lol.
My mom definitely was no rebel lol. She did do stuff 'out-of-character' that surprised me. But when i look back at all the stupid stuff i did, i luckily came away unscathed. I guess learning curve or a bit of good old luck, perhaps? ;bg2

My mom definitely was no rebel lol. She did do stuff 'out-of-character' that surprised me. But when i look back at all the stupid stuff i did, i luckily came away unscathed. I guess learning curve or a bit of good old luck, perhaps? ;bg2
Same with mine, she's a 180 straighty, lol. Her naughty things she thinks she did are just day to day for me, lol.

Same with mine, she's a 180 straighty, lol. Her naughty things she thinks she did are just day to day for me, lol.
For the most part, me too. I guess we've all done things we have regretted, but the peeps i hung out always pushed the envelope with me right along with them lol. Might have to brush the halo off often, but it is sort of intact? ;bg2