Part 2 Bigfoot Stink and Infrasound?

Sasquatches are said to be able to create what's called Infrasound. Infrasound is a very low (inaudible to humans) frequency that can cause distress, disorientation, even nausea and vomiting in humans.
Hi Tworivers71, I am glad you mentioned infrasound as it doesn't get much of a mention in BF lore, and I suspect it may play a far larger part in the story than anyone expects. There are a number of predators that generate infrasound in the USA, but if there are BFs about, there is good reason to suspect that they too generate those sounds. I am from Massachusetts and I am given to take walks in the Bridgewater Triangle to see what I can see. These days I take an infrasound monitor with me, just in case.

Hi Tworivers71, I am glad you mentioned infrasound as it doesn't get much of a mention in BF lore, and I suspect it may play a far larger part in the story than anyone expects. There are a number of predators that generate infrasound in the USA, but if there are BFs about, there is good reason to suspect that they too generate those sounds. I am from Massachusetts and I am given to take walks in the Bridgewater Triangle to see what I can see. These days I take an infrasound monitor with me, just in case.
Interesting. Yea, I agree there is probably more of this happening then people realize. I’m 90% convinced that’s what I experienced. I’ve never heard of an Infrasound monitor….. That could be very useful…

Interesting. Yea, I agree there is probably more of this happening then people realize. I’m 90% convinced that’s what I experienced. I’ve never heard of an Infrasound monitor….. That could be very useful…
That eerie moment when the woods go silent...? Infrasound ! I believe this has been verified scientifically somewhere.

Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
Everything stopped.....bugs, etc.
Whether or not bugs and critters can hear infrasound remains moot in some cases, but we know that most creatures can sense the change and will go quiet, as infrasound is associated with predators in the wild.

I suspect that this potential infrasound ability goes hand in glove with all the reports of BFs being talented mimics who seem to be able to make an amazing and seemingly impossible range of sounds, and even throw their voices like ventriloquists. I think BFs may have an incredible vocal range, and would probably be extraordinary opera singers (if they would only commit to making it a career, instead of traipsing about the wilderness eating rancid meat).

Whether or not bugs and critters can hear infrasound remains moot in some cases, but we know that most creatures can sense the change and will go quiet, as infrasound is associated with predators in the wild.

I suspect that this potential infrasound ability goes hand in glove with all the reports of BFs being talented mimics who seem to be able to make an amazing and seemingly impossible range of sounds, and even throw their voices like ventriloquists. I think BFs may have an incredible vocal range, and would probably be extraordinary opera singers (if they would only commit to making it a career, instead of traipsing about the wilderness eating rancid meat).
Lol. Thats an interesting idea...... I don't think bugs can hear it per sae. But rather, " short circuits" their ability to vocalize, fly, etc. It is a common theme when they are around, everything....Stops. Being a human and 100's of times stronger than an insect, it affects us on a more mental level but, physical too. My incident, if it was in fact infrasound, gave me a pretty instant sense of fear, uneasiness and just plain took total control over my emotions. It was like it got inside me....and wouldn't come out until I left the vicinity. I remember driving back to the southern campground about 6 miles away and was finally able to shake it off me. I was still frazzled for another 20-30 mins then finally settled back down...emotionally.

And yes, from what I've read and heard, they mimic alot of animals. Some good, some bad. I know of someone who was in the area of one nearby sitting at a campfire. He said he was hearing Barred Owls. Then after a bit, "something" in a much lower tone, began Imitating a barred owl. Also, babies crying, why do that vocal? I've been in Texas and heard to my ears what sounded like a bull elk. Elk dont live in Texas. I was told, juveniles will do that. They will whistle alot too...As far as singing, perhaps mimicking Geoff Tate from Queensryche!
Yea rotted meat, dead chickens, road kill, no wonder they smell bad......Lol

There have been so many stories/theories/etc of cryptids affecting things. Infrasound certainly can be a factor. Mimicking other animals and people is another i have heard. That is a scary thought that makes you very cautious when entering the woods. I had experiences around the woods where i grew up and never felt comfortable to enter alone. What the reason was, well, i never tested it lol.

Reactions: Tworivers71
There have been so many stories/theories/etc of cryptids affecting things. Infrasound certainly can be a factor. Mimicking other animals and people is another i have heard. That is a scary thought that makes you very cautious when entering the woods. I had experiences around the woods where i grew up and never felt comfortable to enter alone. What the reason was, well, i never tested it lol.
That was probably a good move on your part!