Over Finland

That's very interesting. From certain angles it looks alot like a famous UFO sighting from 1957 over Holloman AFB, NM. A photo of that sighting graced the cover of a UFO special issue of "Look" magazine in 1967. Notice both show what appears to be a luminous trail behind the main "object." This sighting is still classified as unknown.

51Xw9fjtz4L._AC_SY780_.jpg

As for what this is over Finland, my first thought is CGI. The lighting effects on the ground look more like someone turning ground mounted lights on/off sequentially than the ground be lighted by a moving illuminating source from above.

That LOOK pic, along with many just like it, are probably merely lenticular clouds.

I agree, the Finland clip doesn't quite ring true. There are apparent scale changes to my eye, as the object approaches the middle distance.

That LOOK pic, along with many just like it, are probably merely lenticular clouds.

I agree, the Finland clip doesn't quite ring true. There are apparent scale changes to my eye, as the object approaches the middle distance.
The lenticular cloud explanation was one the USAF considered, but rejected. As I recall it was moving and changing directions. It's been a long time since I looked at that case, however.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I am curious as to whether the witness(es) and photographer were in a moving vehicle.

The general public knows nothing about perspective, just look at the number of videos online purportedly showing airliners "hovering", when it's clearly just a perspective effect. I would guess that 99 out of 100 people seeing something in the sky from a moving vehicle will make claims of it moving and changing direction. My 2 cents on that.

And I'm a firm believer. I just don't believe in most other's accounts, lol.

I am curious as to whether the witness(es) and photographer were in a moving vehicle.

The general public knows nothing about perspective, just look at the number of videos online purportedly showing airliners "hovering", when it's clearly just a perspective effect. I would guess that 99 out of 100 people seeing something in the sky from a moving vehicle will make claims of it moving and changing direction. My 2 cents on that.

And I'm a firm believer. I just don't believe in most other's accounts, lol.
No argument. Add to that the number of people who will report a UFO and give specific size/altitude/airspeed parameters. Then when the story is published, those parameters are given as absolutes. That's how were get football field size craft at 10K ft traveling at 5000 mph.

Back a few years or so ago, I was talking to a guy who was telling me about a UFO he saw. I don't remember the specifics, but he gave me size, speed, altitude, and direction of travel. When I asked how he had come to those details, he told me he had a good eye for things like that.

Just about that time, a Piper Cherokee flew over. I pointed it out and asked him to give me the size/speed/altitude/direction of this very common GA type a/c. He got direction of travel somewhat correct, but wasn't even close on the others. He had it flying faster than its max speed, at an altitude 3000 ft higher than it was, and figured it to be twice it's size.

He wouldn't take my word as an aerospace engineer with 40 years experience he and his good eye were way off the marks. Thankfully I had the Flightradar24 app and was able show him the a/c's speed and altitude, and googled the a/c dimensions for him.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah