Ouch!

I had to take my 89 year old aunt to the grocery store and she walks like Tim Conway's old man and I couldn't keep up.
This made me laugh because I have been known to walk like Tim Conway with my back somedays!

Reactions: JahaRa
This made me laugh because I have been known to walk like Tim Conway with my back somedays!
My aunt looks like she is trying to run and is about to fall over but her pace is so slow. She doesn't like me walking behind her but I prefer that so that if she falls I might be able to catch her. She says "Go ahead darlin' I'm right behind you." That day when my knees hurt so bad I was behind her trying hard to keep up.

• Sad
Reactions: Debi
My aunt looks like she is trying to run and is about to fall over but her pace is so slow. She doesn't like me walking behind her but I prefer that so that if she falls I might be able to catch her. She says "Go ahead darlin' I'm right behind you." That day when my knees hurt so bad I was behind her trying hard to keep up.
I feel for ya, sister. Some days I can't stand up without my handy dandy walker to help with my back.

I feel for ya, sister. Some days I can't stand up without my handy dandy walker to help with my back.
I am lucky, I recovered in a week after the virus was over. I went hiking with my friend last Friday and I am in bad shape but only because I don't hike every day like I used to.

Take care. I hope you aren't in too much pain.

Reactions: Selectric
When I was in my 20s I started to get migraines. They started off lasting just for a day, but before long I was getting them for 3 days in a row. I put up with them for a couple of years without telling anyone. However, it wasn't long before they just didn't go away at all.

Every single day I would wake up and within minutes I would feel a migraine develop. Some days were better than others, but even on a good day I would have what I came to call a "baseline headache" which just never went away (except when I was asleep). It was a dull, grinding ache in my left eye.

Over the top of that, every few days i would have excruciating pains that would feel like ice picks in the top of my head and shooting pains in my cheek bones and the bridge of my nose. My left eye would swell up and tears would pour from it. I was a mess.

I kept going back to the doctor and they tried me on every pill under the sun, but nothing worked and some of them made me worse. I was referred to the migraine clinic in London but everything they tried just didn't work for me. Then I saw a neurologist privately, but he misdiagnosed me and put me on more ineffective medication.

In desperation I tried other avenues such as therapy, Tai Chi, Alexander Technique, acupuncture, herbal remedies, cutting out various foods, moving to a quiet, rural setting, and I even took up horse riding thinking it might help. But nothing did.

It was a living hell for 9 years of my life. At its worst, I would be awake in the small hours in so much pain that I'd be banging my head against the wall just to get some relief. I even had to call an ambulance once and spent the night in hospital having been given pethidine (which they apparently give women for childbirth pain). It didn't take the pain away but it let me sleep.

I became depressed at the thought that I would have to live like that for the rest of my life. i started thinking about suicide (I would never have done it, just to be clear). I will never know how I managed to complete two degrees in the midst of all of this, but I did.

It was only years later that I discovered that these types of migraine are called "ice pick headaches" or "suicide headaches".

In the end, it was a fellow student who saved me. I had a migraine during class one day and had to lie down in another room. She came to me and offered me some of her migraine tablets. About 20 minutes later, I couldn't believe it - they worked! I was completely pain and nausea free! Even the "baseline headache" had gone for the first time in 9 years! It seemed like a miracle! Of course, I asked her for the name of the meds and went straight back to my GP with the information. I've never looked back!

I still get frequent migraines now, but if I take the medication as soon as possible, it usually works well and I can get on with my day. The psychological benefit of knowing there's something I can take that will control it, is worth its weight in gold. It's under control now and that's something I once thought would never happen.

But yeah, if you know anyone who suffers from daily or frequent migraines, please encourage them never to give up hope. There will be a cure out there that's right for them - they just need to find it. It might take a long time, but they will get there.
Excedrin Migraine is the only thing that helps when i get migraines. I went through same mess with misdiagnosis, steroids in my neck...50 million different kinds of pills that did zero. The sad part is i never had migraines until i had sinus surgery...which btw...DO NOT EVER HAVE DONE. That was pure agony for the first 24hrs.

• Sad
Reactions: ozentity
Not prescribing it but some types of weed work for migraines without having toxic side effects.
That would never work for me. Weed would only intensify a migraine for me. I have adverse effects now for weed. Even working at the growing facility i leave with a slamming headache from it.

Reactions: ozentity
That would never work for me. Weed would only intensify a migraine for me. I have adverse effects now for weed. Even working at the growing facility i leave with a slamming headache from it.
Some people are allergic, my mate started growing to help with chronic pain and found he couldn't go near it after spending a bit to set up ;ss.

Reactions: Selectric
Pulling/straining or somehow damaging my left arm late last year. The pain radiated from my finger tips, to my palms, hand, wrist and to my shoulder over the course of several weeks. I eventually recovered, but sometimes briefly have difficulty moving my left ring and pinkie fingers.