Ouch!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

So, I stubbed my toe today and came up with this question:

What was the worst you've ever injured yourself and/or
What was the most painful physical experience you've ever had?

See? This is how these questions are developed...:p

Sorry for laughing Debi but other people stubbing their toes cracks me up as long as it's not me doing it, lol. When I was 15 I had extreme ongoing kidney pain and had to go through a lot of painful tests including a kidney biopsy while awake. I didn't go back to a doctor for 20 years.

Sorry for laughing Debi but other people stubbing their toes cracks me up as long as it's not me doing it, lol. When I was 15 I had extreme ongoing kidney pain and had to go through a lot of painful tests including a kidney biopsy while awake. I didn't go back to a doctor for 20 years.
You may laugh...lol After I apologized for word usage unbecoming to those in the room, I did a slow recovery!

Oz, that had to be extremely painful to go through with the kidneys. That's a triple "ouch"! I can see why you would be doctor wary.

I am sure i mentioned this before, if not...here goes lol. I was working in a Lexus dealership running an MC wire for an air compressor when i ran head first into a steel girder lol. The sound echoed through the shop and i landed square on my back lol. Wow! That hurt lol. The scariest moment is when i was actually stuck on electric and could not let go. I chalk it up to the way my muscles were constricted...whatever...but as i was being electrocuted, i could not believe it lol. I distinctly remember saying to myself...Wow! This is how i am going to go out?! Uh Uh. I kicked the ladder out from under me and once again, landed square on my back, almost sending the ladder through someone's front window. Sorry. Fight or flight. I usually choose fight (for life).

After thinking about this one, i think the most painful for me was when i burned both of my hands. Playing on my birthday no less, i tripped and fell onto the very hot Franklin stove we had. I braced from falling face first with both of my hands. I ended up with 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns on the palms of my hands.

The worst was taking my young horse out on too long of a line and not flyspraying him. As soon as I opened the gate he was dancing and got tangled in the line. He kicked out at a fly and I was too close, I took the blow in the hip. Could have been worse but man did I have a bruise.

Most recent non injury dumb move …
I walked right through a closed screen door while delivering groceries to a senior. The day was overcast and no divider in the door. Didn’t even see it was there ! I was mortified.

I walked right through a closed screen door

He kicked out at a fly and I was too close, I took the blow in the hip.
Wow, that could've ended badly with being kicked Lynne. Glad you did not get seriously inured from that. They are powerful animals for sure. I too have walked through screen doors lol. All you can do is laugh, and fix lol.

Wow, that could've ended badly with being kicked Lynne. Glad you did not get seriously inured from that. They are powerful animals for sure. I too have walked through screen doors lol. All you can do is laugh, and fix lol.
I was so embarrassed! Luckily it gave way at the frame and I was able to put it back. The senior apartments are made so cheap that it set back in place.

The darn horses have given me the best and worst moments of my life lol.

Gee whiz this is like a hospital ward around here.
I got hit by a car when I was 10 and wasn't crossing the street quick enough. My buddy Gino and I were going to the dime store to get some BBs. My head took off the side view mirror. I really didn't feel any pain because it knocked me out quickly. Spent a week in the hospital and had a little plastic surgery.

The worst pain was a few years ago when I was cleaning up a bunch of tree limbs day after day. We had a tornado go through the neighborhood. So I really pre-stressed my left shoulder with the buggy whip action. After several days I needed a break and my friend and I and brother went to play golf. First green and I had a 50 foot putt. So I had to put a lot of mustard on that. I heard it pop and I went down like a ton of bricks. Worst pain I ever felt. Felt like an eight or nine on the Pain Scale. I knew it was up there because I thought I was talking normally but my brother said I sounded like Frankenstein.

I was afraid of doctors so I bought a sling and some painkillers.
Last Summer's anemia was no joke either. But that was just a low level run down feeling. Not painful but frustrating. 2 days before I got the covid shot I was chopping wood for 3 hours straight. 48 hours later I was a 94 year old man. The hematologist said it could be related to the shot but you can never be 100% sure.

Okay I've babbled on long enough !