Nightmares? Maybe You're Getting Too Much Sleep.

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
A new explanation for why we have nightmares contradicts the conventional wisdom about sleep

The predominant thinking has been that most of us get too little sleep, and that we should all be worried about the loss of productivity, dips in mood, and buildup of waste proteins in our brains that are a result of staying up too late.

But there may be a frightening side effect of getting too much sleep. In a survey of 846 adults in the UK, researchers from the University of Oxford found that those reporting more than nine hours of sleep a night were 40% more likely to have nightmares than those who either slept for shorter amounts of time.

More here:
A new explanation for why we have nightmares contradicts the conventional wisdom about sleep

Reactions: Paintman
The only time that I remember dreams is when I have more sleep than normal. The Waking up, falling asleep, waking up cycle allows me to remember.
That's good that you can wake up repeatedly but still get back to REM sleep each time.

I keep my dream journal handy, as some dreams are direct communication from Divine Source. I like to know what I'm being told!

Reactions: Child of God
Still learning the dream language. I get/understand a bunch of stuff, and then they higher a new director, new film guy, new film manufacture.
Sometimes the whole dream looks unreal - if that makes any sense?

Reactions: Debi
Yeah this is exactly why I prefer 7 hours of sleep. I heard one study said that 8 hours is actually too much for most people

Reactions: Debi and Lynne