Never Used

I actually liked math and geometry and use both pretty often when problem-solving and building things. to me, algebra is a sort of philosophy and teaches you how to solve problems by breaking them into small pieces and then working up from there. I was fortunate to have a very fine teacher that worked from that point of view from the start. I have always liked puzzles and she managed to make Algebra interesting and a pleasure.

I think that the absolutely most useless thing that I ever learned and still don't understand the point of was diagraming sentences.

Being able to do calculus and differential equations got me through engineering school. More than once I didn't understand what I solved meant, but I was able to do the math to get the right answers. I aced Boundary Layer Theory, but to this day don't understand it.
I had nine trimesters of graduate school statistics. And I will swear on the Holy Bible that that man directed his class somehow in some way that I could pass.
I am learning disabled to the point where I can't do anything beyond the most simple math. The professor told me to go next door and get a bunch of Math students to do the other half of the work. So I did and I always think that my Master's Degree becomes half of Roosevelt University.

The upshot is I do not like these uppity University types. The for shot is I knew how to run away from them in the 80s.

You and my brother would get along, he reads books on math lol. I wish I could go back in time and look at math with a different attitude. I think if I saw it as more of a puzzle to figure out, I might enjoy working on it. I had such a mental block against it , my mind would not learn it.
I am glad that I am not the only one with this view of math! I have always admired it, but had a mental block against it, too. It wasn't until college that I was diagnosed with dyscalculia, a learning "difference." that made it difficult to learn math.

Reactions: Donna K. and Paulm
Paul I was lucky to get taught by a lot of Jewish people in Chicago. Most of my classmates were Jewish. I used to really like this girl that was in my school. So the rRbbi did some hocus-pocus over me.
So I am in honorary Jew.

Reactions: Donna K. and Paulm