Nanobots for healing

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Scientists create breakthrough healing device - Unexplained Mysteries

Known as Tissue Nanotransfection (TNT), the technology can begin repairing injuries in less than a second.
It might sound like something out of an episode of Star Trek, but according to scientists at The Ohio State University, this remarkable new technology can begin healing even the most serious of injuries almost immediately and has the potential to save many lives.

Taking the form of a silicone chip that simply needs to be placed on the patient's skin, the healing system "injects genetic code into skin cells, turning those skin cells into other types of cells."

What this means is that if someone has injured their leg for example, the chip could turn some of the patient's skin cells in to vascular cells to help repair the damage.

In one recent laboratory experiment, the team was able to restore brain functionality in a mouse that had suffered a stroke by using the technology to turn some of its skin cells in to brain cells.

With no known side effects and with the capacity to be deployed pretty much anywhere without training, these silicone patches could revolutionize the treatment of injuries and diseases.

The team is currently awaiting FDA approval to begin human trials later on this year.

The future has arrived. What do you think of this? Tiny little robots fixing you.....

The future has arrived. What do you think of this? Tiny little robots fixing you.....

It is hard to believe that it is that easy to be fixed....BUT, I think I would be willing to try....maybe.....

Reactions: Debi
I am thinking of the old adage, " if it's sounds too good to be true . . . " . This must have some disadvantages or negative side affects.

Reactions: Debi
I am thinking of the old adage, " if it's sounds too good to be true . . . " . This must have some disadvantages or negative side affects.
This idea makes me queasy. OK, so how do these things turn "off"? Do they just sit there after they're done? Do they continue to travel around within us? Yeah...having a slight problem with the whole idea.

We might as well take advantage of the good tech can do before it kills us. I must admit if I had a life altering ailment I think I'd try this.