Mystery Drones over Langley

This is scary stuff. I didn't read anything that said where they think these drones are coming from. Wouldn't they have to be activated from a certain radius? If they could identify the type, perhaps they could trace the possible location of their launch? It is frightening to see the google earth view and know that an enemy could use that as a way to locate strike areas using armed drones. Are these UAP's and not drones? Are we unable to do anything about them and they are skirting the issue? Why have they not been knocked down? Maybe Duke or K9 can shed some light on this article.

Reactions: Ragnar0711
Langley = CIA HQ

Gosh, I wonder who was behind this. :cool:
You will have to explain this to me, I am not up on covert stuff. Do you mean another branch of government is spying on another?

Reactions: Ragnar0711
You will have to explain this to me, I am not up on covert stuff. Do you mean another branch of government is spying on another?
I can't say what their exact purpose was but drones, covert ops, spying, etc are what the CIA is all about and since their HQ is a stone's throw away, I would say they are most likely responsible.

CIA HQ is in Langley, Va., Langley AFB is in Hampton, VA, about 200 miles south.
Gosh, 200 whole miles. That must be at least a 20-minute trip by air. :eek:

Reactions: Lynne
Gosh, 200 whole miles. That must be at least a 5-minute trip by air. :eek:
Just correcting you claim that the Langley in the article equalled CIA Hq.

Reactions: Lynne
MY question is, why didn't they shoot them down if they weren't ID'd? Swarms of drones don't sound like a backyard enthusiast to me.