MUFON Witnesses UFO in Kansas

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
MUFON officials among witnesses to report Kansas City UFO

MYSTERY WIRE — A cigar-shaped UFO estimated to be four to five times the size of a commercial airliner was spotted Thursday night over Kansas City, Missouri, according to a news release from the Mutual UFO Network — MUFON.

Two MUFON officials were among the witnesses.

Margie Kay, Assistant State Director for Missouri MUFON, alerted KC Section Director Jean Walker, and both women said they watched the object for 20-30 seconds. A third witness corroborated their observations.

The report is also logged on the National UFO Reporting Center’s website. The location of the report is Independence, Missouri. The witnesses said the sighting occurred at about 7:45 p.m.

Kay described the object as larger than a 747, and a MUFON news release said:

There were brilliant white lights all over the craft and one red light on the left side. The lights were reflecting off of shiny silver metal which appeared to be in a cigar shape.

Kay at first thought it was an aircraft headed for the Downtown Kansas City airport, but it was flying too low — at an altitude of about 2,000 feet or lower. It was moving slowly from north to south.

The MUFON news release added: “Kansas City MUFON is investigating this case and would like to hear from other persons who may have seen this object. Please contact Margie Kay at 816-833-1602 or momufonasd@gmail.com.”

Missouri MUFON is a chapter of the International Mutual UFO Network, and it has its own website: www.missourimufon.org.

A DRAWING of the event: Not a photo

KC-ufo.jpg

How does an object allegedly that big/bright/low/slow fly over a densely populated, urban area in clear weather on an early Friday evening and get seen/reported on by just three people? Nothing I could find in local news, seems odd.

This sounds like a commercial airliner, the one red light on the left side is standard color/location for a navigation/position light. The white lights along the length of the aircraft could be a combination of landing and logo lights.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyM
How does an object allegedly that big/bright/low/slow fly over a densely populated, urban area in clear weather on an early Friday evening and get seen/reported on by just three people? Nothing I could find in local news, seems odd.

This sounds like a commercial airliner, the one red light on the left side is standard color/location for a navigation/position light. The white lights along the length of the aircraft could be a combination of landing and logo lights.
Did you catch the part it's also listed on NUFORC? When did MUFON learn to play nice with Peter?

Reactions: Duke
Did you catch the part it's also listed on NUFORC? When did MUFON learn to play nice with Peter?

Yes, I noticed it but didn't give it much thought. I not sure MUFON and NUFORC would consider themselves competators, they tend to have different functions since Peter doesn't investigate sightings, he just catalogs them. I suppose they might compete for donations, however. Might be an interesting question to ask Peter next time I speak or corresponded with him.

Reactions: Debi
Yes, I noticed it but didn't give it much thought. I not sure MUFON and NUFORC would consider themselves competators, they tend to have different functions since Peter doesn't investigate sightings, he just catalogs them. I suppose they might compete for donations, however. Might be an interesting question to ask Peter next time I speak or corresponded with him.
It's one of the first times I've heard of a cross over, however, they may just not normally list each other when they post something. It just struck me as odd for some reason.

Now, as for looking up and seeing stuff....everybody has their heads buried in phones these days, but something that big should have been hard to miss.

Reactions: Duke
A
Peter Davenport ?

How does an object allegedly that big/bright/low/slow fly over a densely populated, urban area in clear weather on an early Friday evening and get seen/reported on by just three people? Nothing I could find in local news, seems odd."

What is confirmation bias /
  1. Does it regulate what you have seen & how you interpret what is glanced - in the field of vision?
Can bias be taught or established against ufo/ & the paranormal? Is it linked to fun movies? Or to fear?
  1. If folks perceive only cinema & actors with ufos does the label/ "only in cinema & actors with ufos" (& heightened screen effects sky & ground colors) minimize making /this old town/ /just my weather/ impossible, incompatible visuals- right? So there is no 'cognative bridge' that can make cinema & mufon excerpts into their local scene?
  2. Or if they observed; noticed, & able to acknowledge to self they observed it ie confirmed it, would this be a good time in their local community to stand out as different by interviewing? Is the epidemic changing folks ufo reporting or impacting their judgement choices- Or even throwing them into past confirmation bias established?
So many questions! Much curiosity about this as much as people's response to it. Yet Me I stand open in awe & hope that the universe is teeming with life both known & unknown; yet I live a simple life as I contemplate a cup of coffee, & take a stand graphite in hand / only graphite in hand.

I think I mistook the term confirmation bias and used it the wrong way. What I meant was non-confirmation bias. The people had a non-confirmation bias and refused to look at the cigar shaped ufo- if they looked they became interested suddenly in a bird nearby or a tree with great passion, or their phone in a purse a friend pet child or a drink--- but NOT that cigar shaped ufo.

And geared up fear may have more not less "refuse to see that" /non-confirmation bias in some folks.

I think I mistook the term confirmation bias and used it the wrong way. What I meant was non-confirmation bias. The people had a non-confirmation bias and refused to look at the cigar shaped ufo- if they looked they became interested suddenly in a bird nearby or a tree with great passion, or their phone in a purse a friend pet child or a drink--- but NOT that cigar shaped ufo.

And geared up fear may have more not less "refuse to see that" /non-confirmation bias in some folks.
Sierra were you part of an investigation on this? Did you do interviews ?