Mirrors in dreams: Have you ever tried to look at yourself in them?

I doubt it. Either way, even if I wanted to avoid looking at a mirror in a dream, it mostly wouldn’t work since I’d only realize I was dreaming after waking up from it.

I too have never had a dream that I remember with a mirror in it. My dreams are always really abstract anyway, with little or no resemblance to actual life events. I haven't remembered most of my dreams upon awakening for at least ten or twelve years now.

I too have never had a dream that I remember with a mirror in it. My dreams are always really abstract anyway, with little or no resemblance to actual life events. I haven't remembered most of my dreams upon awakening for at least ten or twelve years now.
I remember the more vivid ones. I guess if i wake up 'quick' then it's completely forgotten. I never dreamed of mirrors until someone mentioned you can't see yourself.

I remember this three sided mirror that I had in my bedroom as a child. There was a large mirror in the center, and two narrow mirrors affixed to the sides of the center one with hinges, so that you could see yourself on three sides. If you turned positioned the two side ones a certain way, you could see your reflection multiplied over and over.

An interesting question. I don't ever recall seeing a mirror or any other reflective surface in a dream before, and I can remember a whole lot about my dreams. I remember hearing somewhere that you aren't supposed to be able to read in dreams due to dreaming being a left brain activity and reading being right brain. But I know I have read in my dreams so I don't think that one is true.

An interesting question. I don't ever recall seeing a mirror or any other reflective surface in a dream before, and I can remember a whole lot about my dreams. I remember hearing somewhere that you aren't supposed to be able to read in dreams due to dreaming being a left brain activity and reading being right brain. But I know I have read in my dreams so I don't think that one is true.
maybe you wern't dreaming but soul traveling?

maybe you wern't dreaming but soul traveling?
Actually, now that I think about, the most memorable dream I had where I was able to read happened when I was in school. I dreamed that I was in class taking notes on what the teacher was saying. I looked around and the kids in class with me weren't my class mates but in my dream I knew them, knew their names. Same with the teacher, in dream I knew him but after waking up I couldn't figure out who that teacher was as it wasn't an actual teacher I ever had.

The part where I could read was also where I was writing. The teacher would say something and I'd write it down. However, the weird feeling like I was someplace familiar I didn't belong surrounded by strangers I knew hit me and I realized that I knew what the teacher was going to say next. To prove it to myself I wrote it down first and then read it back as the teacher said it a moment later.

Then I woke up.

A few months later I started at a new school. A few weeks in and I was sitting in class taking notes and got a weird feeling as they were the same notes I took in that dream. I looked around the classroom and saw my classmates, people I now knew but didn't back when I had that dream. I then remembered from my dream what the teacher was about to say and wrote it down, then read it back to myself as the teacher spoke the exact words I had already written.

So while that was a dream in which I could read, I'm not really sure it was just a dream.

Actually, now that I think about, the most memorable dream I had where I was able to read happened when I was in school. I dreamed that I was in class taking notes on what the teacher was saying. I looked around and the kids in class with me weren't my class mates but in my dream I knew them, knew their names. Same with the teacher, in dream I knew him but after waking up I couldn't figure out who that teacher was as it wasn't an actual teacher I ever had.

The part where I could read was also where I was writing. The teacher would say something and I'd write it down. However, the weird feeling like I was someplace familiar I didn't belong surrounded by strangers I knew hit me and I realized that I knew what the teacher was going to say next. To prove it to myself I wrote it down first and then read it back as the teacher said it a moment later.

Then I woke up.

A few months later I started at a new school. A few weeks in and I was sitting in class taking notes and got a weird feeling as they were the same notes I took in that dream. I looked around the classroom and saw my classmates, people I now knew but didn't back when I had that dream. I then remembered from my dream what the teacher was about to say and wrote it down, then read it back to myself as the teacher spoke the exact words I had already written.

So while that was a dream in which I could read, I'm not really sure it was just a dream.
i agree with you, sounds like you got a preview of what was to come.

Reactions: Selectric