Min Min Lights?

CONTINUING ...

I said I didn't know what it was. Maybe a manufacturing mark. Then he started to put the badge in his pocket and I said, "Hey, I need that to get into work!" and he reluctantly gave it back.

Then he produced a small notebook and asked us our names and addresses. We gave them to him as he was writing. Then he stopped and said, "You both gave the same address!"

I said, "Yes, we live together."

"But, you have different names," he says.

I explained that we weren't married. We just lived together.

So, he keeps writing as he shakes his head and says to himself, "They'll never believe this."

So, now I'm wondering WHO will never believe WHAT? A cop doesn't know that some people live together without being married? In frigging California yet? Where is this guy from?

So, now the radio in the cop car starts making some "static" type noises which give the cop a start and he looks around to see what that noise is. Then we can hear a dispatcher's voice talking to somebody. The cop reaches toward the radio, grabs the mic and looks at it and then puts it up to HIS EAR. He puts a microphone up to his ear! Then the radio makes more noise which startles him again and he drops it in his lap. He shyly replaces the mic and looks embarrassed. The dispatcher talks some more and then says, "Ten-four."

I'm trying to make the cop feel more at ease (bizarre in itself) and I ask him, "Say, what does ten-four mean anyway?"

He mutters the term to himself several times but cannot come up with an answer. Finally, I said, "It means OK, doesn't it?"

Then he says, "OK, ... uh, yes it means OK." Obviously, he had no idea what it meant before I told him.

I also asked him something about his car. The engine was running rough and I mentioned it. He seemed a little alarmed at this and I suggested he have his mechanic take a look at it. He didn't seem to know what I was talking about but agreed.

At no time did he mention anything about the UFO and neither did we. Strangely, we had both forgotten about it while the cop was there. He finally indicated he had no more questions and we proceeded to walk home. He passed us on the road, drove to the end and turned off. As soon as he was out of sight we both stopped in our tracks and looked at each other in amazement. WTF just happened? The whole thing -- the UFO and the "cop" just hit us both at the same time and we were totally boggled.

Well, that's it and I promise it is all true.

Oh, I forgot one thing.

When he asked us our names he shined his light on my GF and asked, "Are you a female?"

She had a very common female name and, at the time, was wearing a form-fitting sweater (she was not thin) so the question seemed ludicrous.

CONTINUING ...

I said I didn't know what it was. Maybe a manufacturing mark. Then he started to put the badge in his pocket and I said, "Hey, I need that to get into work!" and he reluctantly gave it back.

Then he produced a small notebook and asked us our names and addresses. We gave them to him as he was writing. Then he stopped and said, "You both gave the same address!"

I said, "Yes, we live together."

"But, you have different names," he says.

I explained that we weren't married. We just lived together.

So, he keeps writing as he shakes his head and says to himself, "They'll never believe this."

So, now I'm wondering WHO will never believe WHAT? A cop doesn't know that some people live together without being married? In frigging California yet? Where is this guy from?

So, now the radio in the cop car starts making some "static" type noises which give the cop a start and he looks around to see what that noise is. Then we can hear a dispatcher's voice talking to somebody. The cop reaches toward the radio, grabs the mic and looks at it and then puts it up to HIS EAR. He puts a microphone up to his ear! Then the radio makes more noise which startles him again and he drops it in his lap. He shyly replaces the mic and looks embarrassed. The dispatcher talks some more and then says, "Ten-four."

I'm trying to make the cop feel more at ease (bizarre in itself) and I ask him, "Say, what does ten-four mean anyway?"

He mutters the term to himself several times but cannot come up with an answer. Finally, I said, "It means OK, doesn't it?"

Then he says, "OK, ... uh, yes it means OK." Obviously, he had no idea what it meant before I told him.

I also asked him something about his car. The engine was running rough and I mentioned it. He seemed a little alarmed at this and I suggested he have his mechanic take a look at it. He didn't seem to know what I was talking about but agreed.

At no time did he mention anything about the UFO and neither did we. Strangely, we had both forgotten about it while the cop was there. He finally indicated he had no more questions and we proceeded to walk home. He passed us on the road, drove to the end and turned off. As soon as he was out of sight we both stopped in our tracks and looked at each other in amazement. WTF just happened? The whole thing -- the UFO and the "cop" just hit us both at the same time and we were totally boggled.

Well, that's it and I promise it is all true.
Wow, strange indeed Crux. Either that cop was totally green, fresh out of text book only training or he was 'not from here' lol.

Reactions: garnetsilver
@ Crux.
A most definite strange encounter. The bit with the cop doesn't surprise me sadly. I have encountered may in law enforcement who seem to not have proper education and/or training. He probably was called out there for those lights and didn't want to appear as if he was. I'm guessing his comment "They're not going to believe this." was to what he witnessed .
One for the memory books for sure ;ss
;bg3

Reactions: garnetsilver
@ Crux.
A most definite strange encounter. The bit with the cop doesn't surprise me sadly. I have encountered may in law enforcement who seem to not have proper education and/or training. He probably was called out there for those lights and didn't want to appear as if he was. I'm guessing his comment "They're not going to believe this." was to what he witnessed .
One for the memory books for sure ;ss
;bg3
Yeah some of the local yokals are a unique breed for sure lol.

It's odd how these weird people just appear seemingly out of thin air. You didn't hear it arrive and the other people that saw it said a cop just came out of the forest! Does this mean that whatever we are encountering can materialize things when needed? Are they time traveling back in time to the moments of encounters?

I wish I knew.

I may not have fully communicated the strangeness of his behavior in my post but the only thing I'm certain of is that he wasn't a cop and he wasn't "from around here."

So, we had just witnessed this mind-boggling UFO encounter and turned around to head back to the road. We lived in an old house down the road a ways that had been converted into a few apartments. It was a pretty remote location. There were no other houses or structures nearby. Just empty fields and this apple orchard we were standing in.

As we turned we saw the police car parked by the side of the road with the motor running. I noticed there was a "No Trespassing" sign nearby so I assumed the cop wanted to talk to us about that. We walked to the road and were about 30 feet in front of the car and waited. I expected the cop to emerge and approach but he didn't. Our house was in the other direction and I thought about just walking that way but then I thought we better go see what the cop wants so we walked to the car.

The motor was still running and his window was rolled up. After a moment he rolled it down and we could see him. He was smallish and looked "part Asian" is the only way I could describe it. He had on a dark uniform but I didn't notice any details about it. His car was marked with the emblem of the local city police department and looked legit.

We stood there looking at him and he said nothing, just staring at us. Finally, I thought I better get this conversation rolling so I said, "Nice night, isn't it?"

With that, he reached out and turned a spotlight (the type cop cars used to have outside the driver's window) so that it shone straight up and turned it on. Then, very hesitantly he answered, "Yes, nice night." He had an accent I couldn't place. Sort of European, I thought, but I couldn't say where exactly.

Then he shyly asked what we were doing. I told him we were just out for a walk. I said I just got off work on a swing shift and thought it was a nice night for a walk.

He seemed quite timid and I felt I had to keep speaking in order to keep the conversation going. I worked for the postal service then and I cheerfully added, "I work for the government."

THIS got his attention.

"You do?"

In those days postal workers had these metal badges with USPS emblems on them. I pulled mine out and showed it to him. He took it eagerly and looked very closely at it. He turned it over and inspected it minutely and found some tiny mark on the back, a little triangle not much bigger than a pinhead. He pointed it out and asked me what it was.

TO BE CONTINUED ...
I can't wait to hear the rest!