Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Remember that book? The hysterical discussion between Roy and Dog on yesterday's thread prompts today's Topic of the Day.

Besides the blatantly obvious differences between men and women, we appear to process things differently. We often misunderstand each other because we see the world differently.

I admit to being totally confused with men sometimes. One of those differences recently happened again in my own house. What is this need of men with bells and whistles on anything they get? A new TV or computer can't just "meet a need", it must have every gizmo available....not that you're gonna use any of it but it is more attractive if it has every capacity available in current technology! Or the need to "tweek" things to make it "work better", which usually then get's it screwed up!

And then there's that thing about men don't cry. (You were given tear ducts, ya know!)

OK, so what confuses you about the opposite sex? And somebody explain to me about the bells, whistles and lack of tear duct usage!

Last edited:
Tear ducts !! ? Only duct we use is Duct tape .......AHH.......the silence is golden !

Tear ducts !! ? Only duct we use is Duct tape .......AHH.......the silence is golden !
(And here I thought it was just to put back together what the guys break while "fixing" something!)

Just for me, I don't need bells and whistles. I just need functionality. Hence, I drive a 10+ year old F-150 crew cab. It might not be the fanciest thing on the road, but it gets me where I want to go and back home again. That's all I really want it to do. I most definitely appreciate flashy cars with lots of horses and chrome and leather.... excuse me while I wipe the drool... but I can do that without owning.

I suppose the one area where I do tweek things is my computers. Truthfully, though, as pointed out by my wife, computers for me are the same as toys for an eight year old. :D

As for crying, I think it's society's fault. Males are told almost from the time that we can cry that "big boys don't" do it. The message is that crying isn't masculine. It's for girls. If you cry, you're weak. Heck, I never saw my dad shed a tear. But the truth is that men have a dirty little secret. We do cry. The thing is, we don't let anyone see it.

Questions about the opposite sex: what is it with all the purses? Honestly, I've been using the same wallet for close to fifteen years. I think my wife changes purses every two weeks sometimes! And there is a purse for different occasions! Also, women look at a baby and declare that it looks like one parent or the other. How exactly can you tell? I look at a baby and see a baby. When the kid gets a few years old, then maybe I can begin to detect a resemblance to one of the parents. If I squint one eye and tilt my head to the side...

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
Ahhh! Purses! My specialty! lol Actually, I use one until it dies, as I'm the carry-your-life-with-you kind of girl. It's probable that if you need something, it's in my purse, so changing from one purse to another is a bit of a chore for me. Since I'm a blue jeans person, if it goes with the jeans I don't need to change purses. I do have my one "fancy" purse for the rare times I go somewhere needing to match the black fancy outfit. Once again, minimalist here. Most women want to "match" outfits, thus the need for various purses to go with the outfit! I know some women pay mega bucks for designer purses, but I've never paid over $25 bucks for one. I'm definitely one of the "function over fashion" women, but I know I'm in the minority.

As for the baby thing, we look at haircolor and facial features in general. And sometimes we lie! lol We may not actually see a resemblance to either parent, but then we revert to the old "He looks just like his daddy, or She looks just like her momma!" New parents like to hear that so we say it. In the case of two of my children, it was sooo obvious they looked like their father from the beginning that there was no mistaking it. We even call the middle one version 2.0 or "the clone".

And thank you for being honest and revealing the "dirty little secret"! I've not personally seen it before so I was getting worried those "ducts" weren't necessarily functional! And I figured Dog was lying to me! lol

Reactions: surge
I know some women pay mega bucks for designer purses, but I've never paid over $25 bucks for one.

And thank you for being honest and revealing the "dirty little secret"! I've not personally seen it before so I was getting worried those "ducts" weren't necessarily functional! And I figured Dog was lying to me! lol

My wife has purses she's paid hundreds for, and ones she's gotten at Target for cheap. It just depends on whether or not she considers it to be "cute". I'm sure she must have at least fifty!

I have been honest, but am now afraid that my man card will be revoked! :eek::eek:

My wife has purses she's paid hundreds for, and ones she's gotten at Target for cheap. It just depends on whether or not she considers it to be "cute". I'm sure she must have at least fifty!

I have been honest, but am now afraid that my man card will be revoked! :eek::eek:
I'll testify at your man-trial that it was all in the name of medical science! :D

Reactions: surge
Questions about the opposite sex: what is it with all the purses?

I only have one that I use daily and ones for special occasions that match the outfit.

Also, women look at a baby and declare that it looks like one parent or the other. How exactly can you tell? I look at a baby and see a baby. When the kid gets a few years old, then maybe I can begin to detect a resemblance to one of the parents. If I squint one eye and tilt my head to the side...
I'm just being nice when I say that. Usually I am thinking "What an ugly baby".

Reactions: surge and Debi
Nekki! lol ALL babies have the beauty of innocence! Sure, they usually have squished up little faces and all, but they're still cuter than the spiders!

Status
Not open for further replies.