Mail Mysteries!

On Valentine's Day, which also happens to be our anniversary, I got a bottle of men's cologne in the mail. I don't wear cologne, so I didn't order it. My wife and daughter know I don't wear cologne, so they didn't order it. It came with no receipt or documents of any kind. The return address was a PO box out of New York, apparently a mass mailing business of some kind. No phone number. Still haven't a clue why I got it.
Free sample :)

Reactions: Duke
We once got a package; It was a lovely glass teapot and matching mug, along with an assortment of teas. There was a Christmas card with it, but it was addressed to some unknown person. l felt bad for the person for whom it was intended, because it had been ordered to arrive on Christmas eve. So I called the company that sent it, and they said to keep it!
You're legally entitled to keep anything addressed/delivered to you by the USPS if you didn't order it. Last year my sister received a very expensive automotive diagnostic tool, addressed to her even though she didn't order it and had no use for it. She contacted the company that mailed it to her, and they demanded she return it immediately at her expense and threatened to file charges against her. The guy actually accused my sister of mail fraud.

She called the USPS and they effectively told her to tell the guy she spoke with to get bent. She was told since she didn't order it, the item was legally hers and she could do with it as she wished...sell it, give it away, trash it, etc. She called the company back, and speaking to a different guy, told him what she'd been told. This guy took a completely different tact, offering my sister a $50 Visa gift card to simply hold onto the gizmo until they could make arrangements for a courier company to come pick it up. All she had to do was set the open box on her porch. It was picked up, and she got her gift card.

Last edited:
Utah,
Hang on to that coffee mug with the picture of a kid on it. That's going to be the least expensive child you will ever raise.

I say that because I was probably a very expensive kid. When I was old enough to work my Dad reined me in. We had a pretty cool deal that I look back on and and thankful.
Dad would buy me every single book that I ever wanted to read. But I had to buy my first adult shotgun and big boy golf clubs.

I had to cut grass and paint all summer to buy a Browning Citori skeet gun and Ping irons the next year. Those are kind of luxury items for a 13 year old !

And I got to bring this back around full circle. I keep getting these packages addressed to the neighbor kid. Expensive computer parts. I know his dad pretty well and the guy has a PHD in economics and works at his dad's LaSalle Street Chicago brokerage firm. No dummy. It turns out that the neighbor kid pays for his computer Hobby with buying and trading sneakers.
Sneakers.....

I haven’t gotten anything other than the neighbors mail. I want a surprise teapot and tea! Garnet that was a lucky prize. Hopefully the company sent out a new package to the person who didn’t receive it.

I haven’t gotten anything other than the neighbors mail. I want a surprise teapot and tea! Garnet that was a lucky prize. Hopefully the company sent out a new package to the person who didn’t receive it.
I wanted that for them, too. I could tell that it was supposed to be a surprise for someone.

Reactions: Paintman