Let's Make a Sandwich!

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
It's lunchtime and you can order any custom sandwich you'd like. Tell us what you'd order....what type bread, meat, cheese, condiments, etc? Or are you a basic PB&J person? Would you like chips/crisps with that? Olives? Pickles?

Reactions: garnetsilver
I love a Reuben sandwich! On real rye bread, with a crisp dill pickle on the side. I learned how to make this myself, right down to the sauce on top, the Swiss cheese and the saurekraut. I don't usually like anything on the side, like chips.

I love a Reuben sandwich! On real rye bread, with a crisp dill pickle on the side. I learned how to make this myself, right down to the sauce on top, the Swiss cheese and the saurekraut. I don't usually like anything on the side, like chips.
I'm with you, but I prefer a turkey Reuben. There's a tavern in the small town where my daughter lives that makes the best turkey Reuben I've ever eaten. It's served on fresh baked (local bakery) rye with real sliced roast turkey, not turkey lunch meat out of a package.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
Roast turkey, rare roast beef, and pepper jack cheese on dark rye with a little mayo and Colman's mustard. Pickle spear on the side, with salt and vinegar chips. I wouldn't turn down an order of good coleslaw to go with it.

I'm with you, but I prefer a turkey Reuben. There's a tavern in the small town where my daughter lives that makes the best turkey Reuben I've ever eaten. It's served on fresh baked (local bakery) rye with real sliced roast turkey, not turkey lunch meat out of a package.
Now that sounds delicious! Especially because they use real turkey and not the Deli kind.

Reactions: Paulm
I love Reubens, there is a little cafe in Savannah called Clary's cafe that makes the best Reubens I've ever had. (coming in a close second would be a little place in the alpine village of helen ga. but i dont get up there too often....lol) my second choice for a sandwich would be rare roast beef with lettuce and tomato with mayo.......... both go well with chips or a pickle spear on the side

I love a Rueben too. But my favorite is a turkey sandwich on home made sourdough bread with mayo (or Miricle Whip), lettuce, tomato and avocado.