Last house standing

Kelwatcher

Reaction score
Imagine Katrina hits causing damage all around, but your house is the only one standing!! A couple owning a marine in New Orleans I know had that happen, so did this person.
The last house standing

Attachments

• one.irpt.jpg
    one.irpt.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: Debi and 7Critter
Imagine Katrina hits causing damage all around, but your house is the only one standing!! A couple owning a marine in New Orleans I know had that happen, so did this person.
The last house standing
Great Article, Kelwatcher. Is the house still standing because of the family that lived there or because of the way the house was designed and built ? Perhaps a combination of both ? I would be curious to read a Structural Engineer's analysis of the house.

Great Article, Kelwatcher. Is the house still standing because of the family that lived there or because of the way the house was designed and built ? Perhaps a combination of both ? I would be curious to read a Structural Engineer's analysis of the house.
The one in the article or my family? My family had their's in the marine I suppose that would be a bad loction but the way it was built would have something to do with it, so I would imagine just straight out a mixture of things would have had to happen. The structure for marines, there were other marines that with stood the time to tell with minor stuff.

The one in the article or my family? My family had their's in the marine I suppose that would be a bad loction but the way it was built would have something to do with it, so I would imagine just straight out a mixture of things would have had to happen. The structure for marines, there were other marines that with stood the time to tell with minor stuff.
I suppose any house left standing after a storm, Kelwatcher. What is your opinion of your house ?

I suppose any house left standing after a storm, Kelwatcher. What is your opinion of your house ?
During the 90's had two big earthquakes hit here in WA, the first time I was underneath 4 levels of concrete and steel with vehicles above my head swaying, went into the basement inside the break room beneath Bellevue Square Mall, the foundation started to crack. I was lucky so were many others. I don't trust it , the mall to with stand something like that again. My house the second time the big one hit, shook the house off its foundation, but again many got lucky not just me. I'm waiting for the big one to hit soon again in WA. I'm watching!

The marine never went to see so don't know of its construction, I have nothing to do with my family. We have a science center in Seattle, balls from high up, falling randomly by chance from same place the balls fall differently every time. Random Chaos and chance theory, coincidental chance of luck I believe.

Reactions: Debi