Land Line phones ending

I miss my old flip phone!! My wife and daughter made me give it up telling me how much BETTER the REAL phones are. I like my small portable computer that they call a cell phone these days but it is a terrible telephone.

I threw out my microwave years ago and never looked back.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I miss my old flip phone!! My wife and daughter made me give it up telling me how much BETTER the REAL phones are. I like my small portable computer that they call a cell phone these days but it is a terrible telephone.
I miss mine, too. It was candy apple red.

I like the old flip phone in part because it lived in my pants pocket and I always could find it. This behemoth that they got me has to have its own pocket. If I put it in with my knife, keys, and change it gets scratched up or broke. My other front pocket has y wallet in it. I carried it in my back pocket for decades until I went to the doctor with a back problem and he took one look at my wallet and told me to move it to the front. I thought that he was wrong but guess what? The move seems to have greatly reduced a chronic problem! I tried a belt holster but when I was working I spent a lot of time laying on the floor in kitchens and laundry rooms and my big butt laying on the phone was not good. Now that I am used to it and retired I like it a lot better having it up front. The main problem probably was that I REALLY hate change!

I like the old flip phone in part because it lived in my pants pocket and I always could find it. This behemoth that they got me has to have its own pocket. If I put it in with my knife, keys, and change it gets scratched up or broke. My other front pocket has y wallet in it. I carried it in my back pocket for decades until I went to the doctor with a back problem and he took one look at my wallet and told me to move it to the front. I thought that he was wrong but guess what? The move seems to have greatly reduced a chronic problem! I tried a belt holster but when I was working I spent a lot of time laying on the floor in kitchens and laundry rooms and my big butt laying on the phone was not good. Now that I am used to it and retired I like it a lot better having it up front. The main problem probably was that I REALLY hate change!
Dan, you've had me laughing on this one...lol

I used to carry a purse that was packed to the hilt and it was BIG. (I like to be prepared.) With all my back issues, my doc walked over one day, picked up my purse and actually said, "WTF?" (We were at work!) Man, did I hear about that one and get a lecture.

How many of us know Morse Code, and could tap-out a telegraph message? Fewer than one in ten thousand is my guess.

We dropped our land line four years ago. The only ones using it were tele-marketers. My personal phone is a flip phone. I have a company smart phone that will disappear when I retire, thankfully. Nothing is more frustrating than poor eyesight, fat fingers, and tiny touch screens. You spend more time fixing mistakes than actually accomplishing anything. No thank you.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
On my "landline" phone we use Voip through our internet provider, so I don't really notice a difference.
That's what we did, oh, five years ago. We converted our landline to Ooma voice over internet. We kept our phone number and we keep this line for those relatives who only know that number. I have considered getting rid of the line because we get almost 100 percent spam callers when we get a call. I give out my mobile number to businesses.

That's what we did, oh, five years ago. We converted our landline to Ooma voice over internet. We kept our phone number and we keep this line for those relatives who only know that number. I have considered getting rid of the line because we get almost 100 percent spam callers when we get a call. I give out my mobile number to businesses.
Oh, those darned spammers. I signed up for a service called Nomorobo, but you have to report each nuisance on their website, and still they keep calling.:mad: I give my mobile number to businesses too.

Reactions: Paintman