Is the moon really hollow - and who put it there?

Wow this is quite a theory. I’ve heard the theory of a hallow moon before but this explained it well. Maybe it’s a giant space station ?

Reactions: Paulm
Wow this is quite a theory. I’ve heard the theory of a hallow moon before but this explained it well. Maybe it’s a giant space station ?
When I see a hatch swing open I might take a second look at the theory. ;bg3

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne

I do not believe this is some kind of structure and until someone does a deep drill and prove me wrong, that is my stance.

However, if the moon has lost its core, for whatever reason, then this could give way to a hollow moon explanation and explain the reverbs that are being given off on impacts.

How the moon orbits earth is a bit harder to understand and as the documentary says, this is not normal for any moon or planet type. This fact alone, with the fact of the dark side of the moon never turning towards us, can give way to a multitude of theories and conspiracies. However, if it was the case that there was a civilisation with bases and such on the dark side of the moon, surely we would have noticed them by now, I hear you say.

Well, maybe we have..........

There are dozens of documented reports to ISAR (International Society for Astrological Research) every year by academic, and private, astrologers of strange things being observed on the moon, such as light flashes. Bear in mind that the last time we were there (apparently - just threw that in for all the conspiracy theorists out there.........) was in '72. There has been no human activity on the moon for 51 years (that we are privy to).

Now, the light flashes, according to scientists, could be TLPs (transient lunar phenomenon). However, this is just a name they have given to them and not the name of a theory or hypothesis. Despite flashing moonlights being recorded for decades, scientists remain as baffled as ever about their origins.

Moon-mystery-flashes-light-moon-astronomy-UFO-meteors-space-news-1898323.jpg

Light flashes recorded on the Moon's surface 2005 - 2018

There are a number of theories about their origins, including impact flashes from meteorites. The problem with this one is that there is no atmosphere with Oxygen or Nitrogen gases present to produce a flash of light through combustion upon impact. When this was pointed out, scientists then theorised that it was gas erupting from the moon's surface........

Gas from where exactly? Does this further support the possibility of the moon being hollow and having some sort of gas in great quantities stored within?

It has also been pointed out that the flashes, although seen on the earth facing side of the moon as well, is mainly happening close to the terminator line (the point where the light face meets the dark side of the moon). People have argued that if it was meteorites, then the whole of the moon surface would be affected (and noted) and not just collated in the areas that have been recorded.

Guess we will have to wait until we go back to the lunar surface in a few years time and people can find out the answer.

Not that we will ever know if any reported findings are actually true or not...............

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
The energy of a meteorite impact is very high. The solid lunar regolith is instantly turned to plasma from the shock wave generated by the impact.

There's your gas.

Sorry but the meteor impact flash theory is pretty sound. Ive seen one happen on video (56 years of observational astronomy experience, telescopes up to 70 inches aperture).

We have crashed boosters and old spacecraft into the moon deliberately, and detected some of those flashes as well.

Seismographic instruments on the moon show no evidence of any internal artificial structures. It's a big rock.

Clickbait story.

The energy of a meteorite impact is very high. The solid lunar regolith is instantly turned to plasma from the shock wave generated by the impact.

There's your gas.

Sorry but the meteor impact flash theory is pretty sound. Ive seen one happen on video (56 years of observational astronomy experience, telescopes up to 70 inches aperture).

We have crashed boosters and old spacecraft into the moon deliberately, and detected some of those flashes as well.

Seismographic instruments on the moon show no evidence of any internal artificial structures. It's a big rock.

Clickbait story.

I can go along with you on the plasma explanation as this falls under the realms of impact plasma. Plasma is the fourth state of matter and as it cools, it would go to gas, a liquid and then a solid. It is also known that as meteors travel through space, they can build up a plasmatic charge.

However, this is not a clickbait story. The hollow moon theory (not the 'Death Star' idea - :tearsofjoy: ) is actually a serious study by some very well-known scientists from around the world.

Seismographs do not show any artificial, internal structure - this is true. But they show that when things impact the moon, there is a reverberation from the planet whose duration and depth suggests a hollow within the moon itself. To quote a popular science magazine article from 2014, ".......scientists found that the moon rings like a bell".

Lots of information on these studies and the surprising results can be found on the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: jadamz and Lynne
I can go along with you on the plasma explanation as this falls under the realms of impact plasma. Plasma is the fourth state of matter and as it cools, it would go to gas, a liquid and then a solid. It is also known that as meteors travel through space, they can build up a plasmatic charge.

However, this is not a clickbait story. The hollow moon theory (not the 'Death Star' idea - :tearsofjoy: ) is actually a serious study by some very well-known scientists from around the world.

Seismographs do not show any artificial, internal structure - this is true. But they show that when things impact the moon, there is a reverberation from the planet whose duration and depth suggests a hollow within the moon itself. To quote a popular science magazine article from 2014, ".......scientists found that the moon rings like a bell".

Lots of information on these studies and the surprising results can be found on the internet.
Very good points. I agree.

You're not getting past the juicy taglines. Many celestial bodies transmit accoustic waves (even the sun, but that's another discussion). The moon does as well, but because it lacks a liquid molten iron core. It's cooled pretty much all the way through and carries accoustic waves (of very long wavelength) much better than say, the earth, with it's molten core.

Lots of scientists collaborate on fringe theories, that's part of the process. But way too early to talk about evidence that's enough to change any current models. Pretty much all the time in nature, the simplest explanation is the correct one. I'm content to let the exploration play out before I start running every new idea up the flagpole.

You're not getting past the juicy taglines. Many celestial bodies transmit accoustic waves (even the sun, but that's another discussion). The moon does as well, but because it lacks a liquid molten iron core. It's cooled pretty much all the way through and carries accoustic waves (of very long wavelength) much better than say, the earth, with it's molten core.

Lots of scientists collaborate on fringe theories, that's part of the process. But way too early to talk about evidence that's enough to change any current models. Pretty much all the time in nature, the simplest explanation is the correct one. I'm content to let the exploration play out before I start running every new idea up the flagpole.
Lone everyone here is just bantering their ideas on things. We are open minded and enjoy the exchange. We are here to run new ideas by each other.

Reactions: Paulm