Is the mind bound by physics?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Scientists Are About to Perform an Experiment to See if The Human Mind Is Bound by Physics

Excerpt:
The long and short of it is this: entangled particles affect one another regardless of distance, where a measurement of the state of one would instantly influence the state of the other.

However, it remains "spooky" because - despite following the laws of quantum physics - entanglement seems to reveal some deeper theory that's yet to be discovered.

A number of physicists have been working on determining this deeper theory, but so far nothing definitive has come out.

As for entanglement itself, a very famous test was developed by physicist John Bell in 1964 to determine whether particles do, in fact, influence one another in this way.

Simply put, the Bell test involves a pair of entangled particles: one is sent towards location A and the other to location B. At each of these points, a device measures the state of the particles.

The settings in the measuring devices are set at random, so that it's impossible for A to know the setting of B (and vice versa) at the time of measurement. Historically, the Bell test has supported the spooky theory.

Now, Lucien Hardy, a theoretical physicist from the Perimeter Institute in Canada, is suggesting that the measurements between A and B could be controlled by something that may potentially be separate from the material world: the human mind.

His idea is derived from what French philosopher and mathematician Rene Descartes called the mind-matter duality, "[where] the mind is outside of regular physics and intervenes on the physical world," as Hardy explained.

Full story at site....interesting theory!

Reactions: 7Critter
I believe in the non locality theory. Consciousness is only picked up in the mind and thus expressed in a physical way. The residence of our consciousness is outside the body. I think awareness and beliefs effect reality.

I believe in the non locality theory. Consciousness is only picked up in the mind and thus expressed in a physical way. The residence of our consciousness is outside the body. I think awareness and beliefs effect reality.
It will be interesting if science figures it out. I think the simple answer is, it's god and how things are designed to work.