Is dyslexia actually a gift?

Always seems for every weakness we have, we have strengths to over come them. Just have to use them...not squander.

Reactions: ozentity
I worked with the lady owner of a tree nursery for years, she was dyslexic but new the botanical name of thousands of plants on sight, she was a very smart lady.

Reactions: Selectric
Apropos this topic:

Q: What did the dyslexic, agnostic insomniac do?
A: Stayed up all night, wondering if there really is a Dog.

Dyslexia runs in our family. My mother was dyslexic but never realized she had a problem reading until she flunked out of college. She had an amazing ability to remember everything she heard and could read well enough to fill out a test. She could not manage the amount of reading required. Later she went back to college to learn how to manage her dyslexia and became a reading teacher. My younger brother was not identified as a "non-reader" until he was in 4th grade and put in a special ed class. It was just when my mother started back to school so she worked with him as part of her training. My youngest daughter and her oldest son are also dyslexic and my mother helped them to learn to read well enough to get through school, since even 15 years ago teachers had no idea what to do with smart kids who have a cognitive issue (that is what they call it now).

Reactions: Selectric