"I warned you guys..."

The movie just wouldn't have been the same if the protagonists were named Sarah and John Zuckerberg.
Hey GW, 2 questions. 1. What do you think is @ Skinwalker and what do the others think is out there? 2. Do you have a gang of astronomer buddies? What kind of Space stuff do you talk about? Would you describe what an Astronomer is,to you? Have you been involved in other projects like Skinwalker? Ever meet Carl Sagan or any other heavyweights ? None of these need be answered, I just have tons of questions. I dated a Space guy from JPL in the 90's. He took me to the opening of SETI and the annual friends and family shindig out in the desert and Sagan was there. It was fun being around that world.

That's six questions, Jad, but I will answer them when I'm back at a real keyboard. Just have the phone at the moment, and it's too much to type.
But yes, I did meet Carl Sagan. ;bg3
I have a good friend at JPL right now, on one of the Mars rover teams.
Stay tuned.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
That's six questions, Jad, but I will answer them when I'm back at a real keyboard. Just have the phone at the moment, and it's too much to type.
But yes, I did meet Carl Sagan. ;bg3
I have a good friend at JPL right now, on one of the Mars rover teams.
Stay tuned.
Conrad Foster is the guy I briefly dated. Involved in Deep Space Comm I think. All I know is he answered all my Star Trek questions. lol. no rush plz!

So did all his inspirations, in this case mainly Phillip K Dick's story 'Second Variety', which was heavily totally copied as the basic premise of the Terminator films, though since Dick was dead he didn't sue. The Terminator is a classic film, but that story is better. Apart from the stop motion and models. Obviously.

Also, AI is the new VR, dot-com boom, crypto... something which is massively hyped but doesn't really work and just weeds out stupid businessmen. It's a plagiarism engine, but unlike human plagiarists it can't understand what it's stealing, so produces inferior copied work. A load of greedy morons are chasing it so they can lay off staff and save money... they will go bust.

So did all his inspirations, in this case mainly Phillip K Dick's story 'Second Variety', which was heavily totally copied as the basic premise of the Terminator films, though since Dick was dead he didn't sue. The Terminator is a classic film, but that story is better. Apart from the stop motion and models. Obviously.

Also, AI is the new VR, dot-com boom, crypto... something which is massively hyped but doesn't really work and just weeds out stupid businessmen. It's a plagiarism engine, but unlike human plagiarists it can't understand what it's stealing, so produces inferior copied work. A load of greedy morons are chasing it so they can lay off staff and save money... they will go bust.
There was an episode of Star Trek TOS (The Ultimate Computer) that was an "AI runs amok" storyline.

There was an episode of Star Trek TOS (The Ultimate Computer) that was an "AI runs amok" storyline.
With the AI programmed to think like it's developer.

I can't help but think that Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics are not being written in to the code of current AI projects.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
It would be ironic if something humans built to make life easier wiped us out. If AI is used to protect the planet, I'd duck.