I broke it...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
After reading all the answers to my question about scars, Paulm suggested I ask about broken bones!

OK, let me hear it.
What did you break and how did you break it?​

Reactions: garnetsilver
collar bone, arm, foot, toes, thumb, shoulder blade, nose, fingers... collar bone, arm and shoulder blade was from a bike wreck, the rest mostly from various feet and fists of other people while doing that type sport in my younger years... except the foot, that was just a freak accident of getting it trapped under something while falling forward

I broke my right arm as a kid falling off a swing. Broke my back (discs blew) while trying to move a patient. The occasional toe from not watching where my feet led me in the middle of the night...lol

Hands,fingers,toes,ribs,nose.
Ribs are the worst! I either have a cold when it happens or everyone around becomes a comedian! Sneezing, coughing,and laughing suck so much with broken ribs.
All either work related or motorcycle. The nose was a car accident.

In 2013 while working on farm equipment in Louisiana, I broke the heel area of my right foot. airline fracture, never went to get it looked at, I tended to the matter myself. A few months after that healed, I broke my left foot :/ I was serving a 6 month sentence in Mobile county jail for a DUI. Yes I was guilty, no one got hurt. 1st offense, however I was from out of state and the Judge wanted her money. So 180 days. First time ever going to jail, Alabama knows how to get their money, After court and sentence and taken back to lock up, I was processed into a work program. They actually had me fill out an application for work :p I was placed on a landscape crew/ Festival crew. I worked Festivals on the weekends, worked 7 days a week cuz I was allowed outside from 6 am to 9pm, ate real food, could smoke cigarettes, for my work, 3 months instead of 6 as long as I didn't get into trouble. While working a Pecan Festival the crew was asked to move a extremely heavy "Deer Stand." Looked like a very tall wooden tower. 2 men on each corner. They dropped it on my left foot. And while I was screaming for them to get it off my foot they all just stood there like idiots :/ I worked on it broke for 2 weeks before they took me to get an x-ray. My inmate work supervisor thought I was faking :/ Upon x-ray, placed in cast and sent to the medical section. I was sooo mad. I still received all of my work credit and extra, my guess so I would sue them ;)
I was mad cuz for being in jail I was hardly there while working, eating real food not jail food, and smokes :p All that went bye bye in the medical section :( Alas getting out on dec 9th instead of dec 24th was a pleasant surprise. To this day I have issues with both feet :/

I have only ever fractured some toes while stumbling around on my way to the bathroom. I have always been grateful for having strong bones! Several times, I was told that a bone should have broken; like the time I twisted my ankle badly, while roller skating; I merely injured a tendon pretty seriously. And it took months to heal.

I was serving a 6 month sentence in Mobile county jail for a DUI. Yes I was guilty, no one got hurt. 1st offense, however I was from out of state and the Judge wanted her money. So 180 days. First time ever going to jail,
That's pretty heavy for a first offence mate, sorry that happened to you.