How old were you when you learned the truth about Santa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
As absurd as the idea is of a fat guy in a red and white suit sliding down your chimney to leave presents, most of us were raised believing that is what happened on Christmas Eve night. I can still remember how in awe I was when my mom would take me to see Santa at the mall before Christmas. It was Santa! And I was going to talk to him! Never mind that I never got most of the stuff for Christmas I asked him for, it was a big deal!

I blissfully went on putting my faith in Santa until I was around seven, when I heard other kids in school talking. My mom confirmed the awful truth when I asked her after school!

Did you believe in Santa as a kid? How old were you when you found out Santa was really your parents? Did/will you continue the tradition with your own kids?

My Dog told me at age 5 :eek: .....the bastard ! I refused to speak to her for about a minute:p

Reactions: surge and Debi
I figured it out about age 6, thanks to an older and wiser best friend next door. But somehow, I still believe! :)

Reactions: surge
I never believed in Santa. Then one Christmas time when I was about 5, my parents and I were Christmas shopping at some store. There was something that I wanted and asked them for it. They gave me some song and dance about Santa was already getting something for me and Santa didn't have a lot of money. Then I told THEM to get me the gift I wanted and let Santa bring whatever he was bringing. My parents looked at each other and I knew I had tripped them up with their Santa BS story.

j9aov8.jpg

I never believed in Santa. Then one Christmas time when I was about 5, my parents and I were Christmas shopping at some store. There was something that I wanted and asked them for it. They gave me some song and dance about Santa was already getting something for me and Santa didn't have a lot of money. Then I told THEM to get me the gift I wanted and let Santa bring whatever he was bringing. My parents looked at each other and I knew I had tripped them up with their Santa BS story.
LOL You were one smart little apple, girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.