How do you rock?

For some reason I've never been able to tolerate background music. Listening tends to demand my full attention so I can't work or hold a conversation at the same time!

I can't either but my wife doesn't get that (brain injuries). So I just avoid anything at home that requires my attention, other than her, if she is awake. Saves me a lot of trouble.

I had a big stereo system back in the day and have an even bigger, louder one now. Living out of town I crank it up until the logs nearly blow off the cabin , I'll never grow up :p.
I lived out in the country and there was a guy who would do that downhill from where I lived. It was quite annoying and I thought he must be deaf because we could hear it a mile up the mountain. He did it because he had moved out in the mountains away from people and suddenly there were homes all around him, though the smallest lots were 5 acres, it was too close for him. What was funny is that he played Vangelis.

Back in the day it was vinyl records,
I still get vinyl, theres a record store in our art district that is really cool. only a short distance from me. along with albums and records it also sales books and graphic novels of independent authors and writers. and records and recordings of local musicians. really cool area for local talent

I lived out in the country and there was a guy who would do that downhill from where I lived. It was quite annoying and I thought he must be deaf because we could hear it a mile up the mountain. He did it because he had moved out in the mountains away from people and suddenly there were homes all around him, though the smallest lots were 5 acres, it was too close for him. What was funny is that he played Vangelis.
I just keep moving further away from society because I pick up on others thoughts and moods and find it hard to cope. I mainly listen to Reggae but like to clear my head sometimes with a blast of old heavy metal. You probably wouldn't like living near me but it beats gun shots from redneck neighbors. Maybe there is a connection :) .

I just keep moving further away from society because I pick up on others thoughts and moods and find it hard to cope. I mainly listen to Reggae but like to clear my head sometimes with a blast of old heavy metal. You probably wouldn't like living near me but it beats gun shots from redneck neighbors. Maybe there is a connection :) .
Gotta love old metal :) I am an 'old metalhead' to the core lol

Last concert was Megadeth..Lamb of God and not sure of 1st band. We did the tail gate thing for a bit till LoG were setting up. Very Awesome show indeed.

Reactions: ozentity
Counting the days till i FINALLY see Iron Maiden in concert :)
Bruce Dickinson is a really straight, nice type of guy which surprised me, sort of like Alice Cooper. I envy you getting to see them play. I used to party with Hoodoo Gurus over here when they were in Sydney back in the 90's. Wild times, lol.

Reactions: Selectric
Bruce Dickinson is a really straight, nice type of guy which surprised me, sort of like Alice Cooper. I envy you getting to see them play. I used to party with Hoodoo Gurus over here when they were in Sydney back in the 90's. Wild times, lol.
I have listened to Iron Maiden for many years. After being a huge fan, it's great to have a chance to finally see them. I remember waiting and waiting for Somewhere in Time to be released. It was the first piece of music i ever anticipated on coming out. My very first piece of music i bought with my own money was Live after Death :)

Reactions: ozentity