Hotter than He!! news updates

Hello,

I am in the Pacific Northwest, north of Portland. And you are all correct, this is not normal for us at all. We are known for our mild climate, pretty much most of the year. Saturday was 108 at the Portland airport, which is the all-time record high. Today's forecast is for 114, and Monday's forecast is the same - 114. Sunday night is supposed to only get down to 85 overnight, which is just unheard of. People in other areas that routinely have high temperatures will get a hoot, but I know a lot of businesses will be closed on Monday due to the excessive heat. I guess they don't realize that a good portion of the country has to work in this heat all the time in the summer. Of course I never saw people hide under overpasses in their cars when it rained either, until I lived in Texas.

Hello,

I am in the Pacific Northwest, north of Portland. And you are all correct, this is not normal for us at all. We are known for our mild climate, pretty much most of the year. Saturday was 108 at the Portland airport, which is the all-time record high. Today's forecast is for 114, and Monday's forecast is the same - 114. Sunday night is supposed to only get down to 85 overnight, which is just unheard of. People in other areas that routinely have high temperatures will get a hoot, but I know a lot of businesses will be closed on Monday due to the excessive heat. I guess they don't realize that a good portion of the country has to work in this heat all the time in the summer. Of course I never saw people hide under overpasses in their cars when it rained either, until I lived in Texas.
So glad to see ya back, Sea. I'm also sorry you're melting out there!

Hello,

It’s nice to have one of our well known members back. Good to see you on the threads Sea.
I agree it seems people get shocked by what their not used to. I just hope this is just a freak weather event and not a sign of things to come.