Healing Powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
We've all heard about the "laying on of hands" and remember the story of Jesus healing with just a touch. The practice of healing by touch and/or energy is widely practiced and takes many forms.

I've worked with this before and was trained in a Healing Touch program many years ago. I've seen the power of it and have my theories as to why it works.

The question today is: Do you believe that people can be healed through touch, energy or prayer? Have you ever had an experience with it? Do you pray for those who need healing?

For more about this subject, tune in tonight to The Malliard Report at 9PM EST! Jim's guest is Joanie Eisinger, a white light healer practitioner. www.ITalkParanormal.com

Last edited:
I do pray for the sick, and I think it has a positive effect. Is it the prayer calling forth a healing energy, or is it the power of positive thinking? A sick person knows people are praying for him/her, which puts them in a more positive frame of mind which makes them feel better.

I'm more dubious of the laying on of hands. It's not that I don't believe it can happen, but the mental image that I immediately get is of some shyster preacher with a claw hold on someone's face, commanding them to be healed. Unfortunately, the hucksters have given the legitimate healers a bad name.

LOL! I agree with you on the "heeaaalllll!" preachers out there, but Healing Touch is nothing even close to that! It's working with the energies of the body, Surge. In fact, one doesn't even actually touch the body doing this. It's all about working with the energy that surrounds the body.

Reactions: surge
I have wanted to learn Reiki for a long time. I do believe in healers, but feel that belief on the part of the patient helps a lot. I used to get back massages at my chiropractor's office a few years ago, and he also did Reiki. I did not go for the Reiki, because all that new age stuff was foreign to me. I would go due to the knots in my shoulder blades. Anyway, the guy would do his thing and afterwards not only did my back feel relaxed and pain free, but I also felt like I was on an emotional high. It took me a bit to put 2 and 2 together but I think he was using Reiki as part of the massage therapy. Sometimes I would hear him whispering, like he was praying as he did the massage. I never questioned it because I felt, hey whatever works.

Reactions: surge and Debi
Healing Touch is a bit like a cousin to Reiki....much the same theories apply. I do believe you would be good at it, Nekki. You should look into that!

Every one should know how to do this ! If you have never tried it before then ENJOY !

Sit on a chair with an upright back , feet firmly placed on the floor .
Close your eyes and picture the Earth below you and pull the energy upwards through your feet , it sometimes helps if you picture the energy as little arrows or chevrons travelling upwards through your feet and up your legs , through your body into your head . You will feel the pressure in the space between your brain and skull when it arrives !
Now , without touching any part of your body , move your hands downwards over your chest and thighs to remove any negative energy .
Once you have done this , place your hands palm up again without touching your body and picture a bright white light about 7 to 15 inches above your head , search for this and you will find it !
Let the light rain down on you so that it forms a cocoon surrounding you and stay within it for 15 minutes !
Takes a little bit of practice but you will find the light and once you have.......congratulations ! you have just introduced yourself to Self !
The light is YOU ! , AND you need not ask anything from it , it knows what you need . Feeling tired , it will give you energy . Not having a good day then it will make you happy . Each and every day you can do this , for 15 min ! Enjoy !

Have been doing something very, very similar to this for years! ;) In Wicca it is called the Tree of Life and grounds and surrounds.

Reactions: Speedbird
Status
Not open for further replies.