Have a side of...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
POTATOES, PASTA, OR RICE?
Seems like these are the main sides for most. I keep looking for new ways to present these three items so I ask you...
Which is your favorite?
How do you like it prepared?
Got any new or unusual ways I can cook these?? Cuz I'm getting bored with the same things...lol

Reactions: garnetsilver
Potatoes, by a long shot, are my favorite. I like them prepared in any fashion. My favorite is sliced and fried with sausage gravy added at the end. I used to go to a country restaurant once a month to order this. Sadly they closed five years ago. I can still taste this dish.

Brown rice is my favorite, or a mix of brown and wild rice. Potatoes and pasta are a very distant second or third choice.

Give me a bowl of brown rice and steamed veggies, and I'm happy.

Trying to get into Quinoa but I always feel like I'm eating budgie food.

Rice, then pasta...then potatoes. My favourite food is curry so I usually have that with rice. I love Italian food, so pasta is always welcome. I'm less fond of potatoes unless they're done in certain ways. My favourite is Dauphinoise, but I do like chips too (fries). Oh, and crisps - I love crisps! I think you call them "potato chips"...?

I grew up with pinto beans being the side with every meal. But I love potatoes and have a lot of ways to cook them, my favorite is with cheese. Potatoes Au Gratin is a recipe my mother taught me. Sliced potatoes in a casserol dish with milk, butter and cheese, bake for about an hour or how ever long it takes for the potatoes to cook.

When we had rice it was always what my mother called Spanish Rice, which is essentially cooked rice mixed and cooked with salsa (what ever your favorite is). You can make it a meal by adding cooked ground beef.