Haunted bar in England

Some quick searching indicates that it's in Canterbury at a gastropub.
99% sure it's fake. The chair is being pulled from off camera and the other things move like stop motion and don't look like part of the original footage. It sort of made me nostalgic for old children's TV!

Some quick searching indicates that it's in Canterbury at a gastropub.
99% sure it's fake. The chair is being pulled from off camera and the other things move like stop motion and don't look like part of the original footage. It sort of made me nostalgic for old children's TV!
LOL Why are all the haunted pubs in the UK? Rarely hear of a haunted bar in the US!

Reactions: Lynne
LOL Why are all the haunted pubs in the UK? Rarely hear of a haunted bar in the US!
It's the atmosphere! I live in a town with a massive thousand year old cathedral smack in the middle where I once heard somebody playing Bach's Toccata and fugue in d minor in the middle of the night on the huge organ echoing out into the night out over the medieval graveyard. Of course all the ghosts hang out here! Also, we have great pubs. This however is a gastropub (a pub pretending to be a restaurant out some insane social terror) and can't be great. This sheds further doubt on the video.

It's the atmosphere! I live in a town with a massive thousand year old cathedral smack in the middle where I once heard somebody playing Bach's Toccata and fugue in d minor in the middle of the night on the huge organ echoing out into the night out over the medieval graveyard. Of course all the ghosts hang out here! Also, we have great pubs. This however is a gastropub (a pub pretending to be a restaurant out some insane social terror) and can't be great. This sheds further doubt on the video.
Your history also goes much farther back so more ghosts to be had. :) Love the organ story....now that would make one wonder.

Reactions: Benway and Lynne
Of course, the history of America is just as long, just mostly unknown. Perhaps it's that this is a small island so our towns tend to have been in the same places the whole time? I expect there are hoards of ghosts across the wilderness of America wishing there were pubs out there!

Of course, the history of America is just as long, just mostly unknown. Perhaps it's that this is a small island so our towns tend to have been in the same places the whole time? I expect there are hoards of ghosts across the wilderness of America wishing there were pubs out there!
I love your imput. I was buying it lol.

Reactions: Debi
Guys, does anyone knows the 'most haunted' pub in the UK or have any ideas on places to go where they received a thorough amount of evidence. I'd love to somehow persuade the owners of a pub to let me do a night time lockdown. :)

Guys, does anyone knows the 'most haunted' pub in the UK or have any ideas on places to go where they received a thorough amount of evidence. I'd love to somehow persuade the owners of a pub to let me do a night time lockdown. :)
Our member, Benway, lives in the UK. He may know of some in your area there.

Secondly, if you look through some of the older threads here in this sub-forum, you will most likely find many reports from the UK on specific pubs.

There is also a lovely podcaster in your area that you might want to talk with. Her name is Irene Allen and she does a show called UK Paranormal. You can contact her through her site. I think she occasionally tapes shows at a local haunted pub.

Reactions: 7Critter
Sadly I have no idea what the most haunted pub would be. I expect there are dozens all claiming the title, so it's something to research.