Hats

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Yup...that's the topic! Hats! Used to be everyone wore one, but they have fallen a bit to the wayside. With the exception of baseball and cowboy hats! And, of course, 7Christie's well worn hat avatar here on the forum! :p

Do you wear a hat? What kind? Is there a logo or saying on it? Why do you wear one? Fashion statement, hiding the hair, or keeping the sun off? If they were still in fashion, what kind would you like to wear from the past?

I think we're all missing something something by hats falling out of fashion. I love the ones below...

The ones in the video are too fancy, IMO. I do like women in hats, it's sexy. I wear a hat mostly to keep the sun out of my eyes, especially on top down Miata days. On hikes or walks through the woods it keeps critters out of my hair.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
$_35.JPG

I wear mine for a fashion statement.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
I love all the ones in the video ! I love hats. If that was the style if be first in line.

Reactions: Debi
The ones in the video are too fancy, IMO. I do like women in hats, it's sexy. I wear a hat mostly to keep the sun out of my eyes, especially on top down Miata days. On hikes or walks through the woods it keeps critters out of my hair.
Saw this this morning....the caption reads: The only hat to wear in a convertible...

hat-to-wear-in-a-convertible.jpg

I love going to the (horse race) track when there is a big race - like the Arlington Million or Triple Crown races on simulcast. Ladies wear big, fun, flowery, gaudy hats. I play along w/ a blazer in colors and fabrics not found in nature.:)
Next year, my goal for track wear is a cool cream suit &
ctm-2-inch-brim-straw-boater-hat-4.gif

Otherwise, baseball hats or do-rags at work, Elmer Fudd ear flap style in winter when I'm out. Now, stay with me, the 'Fudd' can be a hunters' 'Fudd', or military style like my leather bomber hat, or my nifty English one for Sunday go-to-meeting.:)

I love going to the (horse race) track when there is a big race - like the Arlington Million or Triple Crown races on simulcast. Ladies wear big, fun, flowery, gaudy hats. I play along w/ a blazer in colors and fabrics not found in nature.:)

Otherwise, baseball hats or do-rags at work, Elmer Fudd ear flap style in winter when I'm out. Now, stay with me, the 'Fudd' can be a hunters' 'Fudd', or military style like my leather bomber hat, or my nifty English one for Sunday go-to-meeting.:)
Pics! LOL I want pics of the all duded up going to the races Paintman!

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman

You are a man of style