Gold Investment Sponsors

rolede

Reaction score
Gold Investment Sponsors

Adds for investing/buying Gold as a hedge against a questionable economy trouble me because too many people either don't know (too young), or have forgotten US History.
So imagine-if you will, that the US Gov't has a Secret Plan to pay off a large portion of its Debt.

Here is how it might work- Let all the Fools Invest in Gold, which will be recorded, then at the right moment do what the US Gov't has done in the past that most have forgotten-

Executive Order 6102 is a United States presidential executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the Hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States". The effect of the order, in conjunction with the statute under which it was issued, was to criminalize the possession of monetary gold by any individual, partnership, association or corporation.

Rationale

The stated reason for the order was that hard times had caused "hoarding" of gold, stalling economic growth and making the depression worse.[1] The New York Times, on April 6, 1933, p. 16, wrote under the headline "Hoarding of Gold", "The Executive Order issued by the President yesterday amplifies and particularizes his earlier warnings against hoarding. On March 6, taking advantage of a wartime statute that had not been repealed, he issued Presidential Proclamation 2039 that forbade the hoarding 'of gold or silver coin or bullion or currency,' under penalty of $10,000 and/or up to five to ten years imprisonment."[2]

The main rationale behind the order was actually to remove the constraint on the Federal Reserve which prevented it from increasing the money supply during the depression; the Federal Reserve Act (1913) required 40% gold backing of Federal Reserve Notes issued. By the late 1920s, the Federal Reserve had almost hit the limit of allowable credit (in the form of Federal Reserve demand notes) that could be backed by the gold in its possession (see Great Depression). If gold can’t be legally owned, then it can’t be legally redeemed. If it can’t be legally redeemed, then it can’t constrain the central bank.

Effect of the order
Executive Order 6102

Executive Order 6102 required all persons to deliver on or before May 1, 1933, all but a small amount of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates owned by them to the Federal Reserve, in exchange for $20.67 (equivalent to $376.58 today[4]) per troy ounce. Under the Trading With the Enemy Act of 1917, as amended by the recently passed Emergency Banking Act of March 9, 1933, violation of the order was punishable by fine up to $10,000 (equivalent to $182,185 today[4]) or up to ten years in prison, or both.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102

It troubles me when I hear Art Bell and other Popular Talk Show Hosts, Hawking these Gold Investment Schemes

Reactions: Debi
I don't know about the ones that show up on the DM network, but on terrestrial radio, especially conservative talk stations, it almost feels predatory the way the hosts work people into a terrified froth over the state of the economy and then the gold sellers swoop in promising the the miracle solution.

I don't know about the ones that show up on the DM network, but on terrestrial radio, especially conservative talk stations, it almost feels predatory the way the hosts work people into a terrified froth over the state of the economy and then the gold sellers swoop in promising the the miracle solution.

What ??? Art Bell is doing Adds for Gold !!!

I still don't understand the gold thing very much....if everything falls apart, you sure can't eat the stuff. To me, it would seem to be worthless. I'm just looking at it from a practical survival viewpoint here.

I still don't understand the gold thing very much....if everything falls apart, you sure can't eat the stuff. To me, it would seem to be worthless. I'm just looking at it from a practical survival viewpoint here.

I'm looking at it from the Integrity of the Radio Host, promoting something that has financially hurt people in the past.
It's as bad as hawking Snake Oil, Useless Time Shares,or Peter Popoff commercials.

damn straight. if you are going to barter with somebody for a bushel of corn, they are going to tell you to take you're wedding ring and..........:) cigarettes, condoms,vitamins,aspirin,beer. And they can say all they want that it will be out of date, stale. They still have the same properties as when i bought them.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Sadly money talks and most safe companies don't invest in radio and more.

I can believe this easily. Experiences with terrestrial talk radio again, you can tell the ads are tailor-made to take advantage of people. Host is telling people that taxes are unjust, commercial comes on, and "Do you owe unpaid backtaxes? We can help."

This is certainly not the first time Art has had gold commercials on his show. They are all over talk radio. I don't understand how as a civilized, supposedly, society, we use something dug from the earth to back our economics. Say wha??