George Noory

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i can tell you besided off what i have talked with other real radio show hosts about.. there is a marketing manager... an ad sales manager... and a company of that size am sure george is just trying to get by without getting in trouble, a horrid way to host.. but in this world where anything can go virual for the reasons you dont want it too... just try to be simple even if it makes you sound stupid or like a bad person
Yeah, I have no doubt the numbers are there for the bean counters, it's just sad as it is demonstrative of the entire dumbing-down of the people of this country if someone of Noory's caliber is surviving. But as Nekki stated, when your only competition during the middle of the night is ten other stations of pharmaceutical infomercials, it just shows apparently any monkey with a microphone and a stack of 3X5 cards can rise to the top when the show was already established and all he had to do was show up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naked Apple
yes i am sure everyone has a list, but radio likes known... not gambling on bob can get another quarter of million listeners.. cause what if he loses 5 million listeners?
and the cost of rebranding.. Radio is cheap rather pay a bonus then reboot a show

Well, actually, I was referring more to some of the guest hosts who already do a good job on Coast. They're known names and already familiar to us and with the format.

well, the good news is... i hear of several folks, who want to start a live internet show at the same time slot... doesnt mean it will be any good
other issue with that time is getting guests.. i dont know how were they have thought that threw...
a friend of mine hosts a show out of ohio... let me get a link

yes but the bean counters have seen data on them and it isnt good... cause if they believed they could make more money going a different route... you know they would

Well, actually, I was referring more to some of the guest hosts who already do a good job on Coast. They're known names and already familiar to us and with the format.
I think a format for Coast that might be nice to keep it fresh is to rotate three, four, or five hosts - whatever number - throughout the week. That way each host could actually be prepared for the interview by having actually read or looked at the guest's work and actively engage them. I get that Noory can't read every book for every guest doing the show five nights a week, but he doesn't even try. Rotating the hosts would give different perspectives on the various guests as well.

well, again, it comes back to the branding of the show... and right now its set to get george 5 days a week...
but if you ask me, from far outside, does seem george is taking more fridays off...

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.