Fragmented facts from AARO Report

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Fragmented Facts: AARO Report Unearths Odd Claims Involving U.S. Recovery of Material From 1952 UFO Incident The Debrief
With help from an update by researcher Jeff Knox, Micah Hanks probes much deeper than the AARO Report investigators into a remarkable Frank Edwards claim. Whether or not something of extraordinarily long-distance origin was involved in the Washington, D.C., overflights, Hanks' is yet another indictment of the amateurish character of the recent AARO Report.

Credit to The Anomalist

Anything you see dealing with WB Smith as a source, take with a grain of salt. He was a 1950s Canadian version of contactee Billy Meier, but without the phony photos. If you can find it, read "his" book, "The Boys from Topside." Copies sell for $200-300 on bookfinder.com, I managed to get a copy through interlibrary loan a year or so ago.

Although Smith was credited with writing it, it's actually more of a compendium of stories and articles written by a number of others. Only about a third of the roughly 100 page book was written by Smith.The rest of the book is a collection of articles and UFO/alien reports from Canada in the 1950s-1960s. It was published several years after his death.

Smith related everything from his biography to his belief in/communications with aliens, or "space brothers" as he calls them. Yes, there is a brief discussion (two pages?) about Project Magnet, but most of what he wrote about is more philosophical and sounded like a first cut of the Star Trek/Star Fleet "prime directive" primer. Think intergalactic values enforced by what he dubbed a "cosmic police force." No evidence of any such group was presented, just lots of generalities and suppositions. They sounded like nice folks, however.

I found the UFO reports in the book far more interested than Smith's ramblings. My favorite was that of a Canadian gent who claimed to have flown around the galaxy with hot, naked Venusians. There was also a very well written report by a RCAF fighter pilot who chased and photographed a UFO over British Columbia. Unfortunately, the reproduction of the photo in the book was very poor quality.