Favorite Art Bell Moment?

Jethro...June 5, 2001.

http://hauntedskeptic.com/art-bell-10-greatest-radio-moments/

#3: ‘Bugs’, Disturbing Texas Bigfoot Shooter
Original Airdate | 5 June, 2001Clip Length | 1:29:23Synopsis: Unquestionably within our top three C2C shows. Art interviews two men. One (“Robert”) sells audio cassette recordings of ‘bigfoot calls’ which allegedly ‘allowed sixteen people’ to have “face to face encounters with bigfoot”. The second, “Bugs” and his Vietnam Vet friends “Bird Dog” and “Jim” claimed to have shot and buried two Bigfoot-like creatures in 1976. “Bugs” sends Art Bell a map via ‘snail mail’. Art sounds audibly disturbed by the notion. First few minutes are highly laughable, but soon turns rapidly dark and disturbing. ‘Robert’ convinces a paranoid ‘Bugs’ that ‘they’ (Sasquatch community) know what he and his friends have done, but advises him to attempt peace with them. Skeptics and Sasquatch enthusiasts have combed the area, though nothing has ever been found.

My favorites would be Fr. Malachai Martin, any ghost to ghost and when Art played the "sounds from hell" from Siberia. OK, maybe it wasn't REALLY sounds from hell but I remember listening and thinking that it sounded about right.

Reactions: Debi
My favorites would be Fr. Malachai Martin, any ghost to ghost and when Art played the "sounds from hell" from Siberia. OK, maybe it wasn't REALLY sounds from hell but I remember listening and thinking that it sounded about right.
Fr. Malachai was the one that really got me thinking. I think I've listened to that over and over again this last year! And the sounds of hell? Well, no...may not be real but it sure makes you wonder how close to the truth it might be!

Being wiccan, I always enjoyed Evelyn Paglini. Although she was of a different tradition, she was one of my favorites to listen to. That smoky voice of hers! lol May she rest in peace in the land of Summer.

1. When pilot calls in trying to fly over Area 51. Art tries to talk him out of it. Pilot describes approaching Area 51. Line goes dead.

2. Art Bell's line: "What in God's name happened over Phoenix that night"?

1. When pilot calls in trying to fly over Area 51. Art tries to talk him out of it. Pilot describes approaching Area 51. Line goes dead.

2. Art Bell's line: "What in God's name happened over Phoenix that night"?
Welcome to the forum, MasterSith. Glad to have you with us. I remember the pilot well! Now, I had forgotten Art's line about Phoenix! Thanks for that memory. ;)

Reactions: amused1
When art glued his lip. I don't know why but I just laughed and laughed.

When art glued his lip. I don't know why but I just laughed and laughed.
There seems to be a consensus on that one! lol Perhaps it's because we all know that it could have happened to us...it makes him sooo human when he fesses up. I also read somewhere he didn't think it was THAT funny! (Sorry, Art, we disagree...it really, really WAS funny!)

Reactions: amused1
There was an episode where Art was taking open line calls from listeners. He spoke with a few people, then a man called in and said "that lady you just spoke with, I could have sworn that was my sister" Art then proceeded to call the lady back and confirm if in fact she was the man's sister. Classic.

-LittleChris

Reactions: amused1 and Debi