Fall is here. Do you plan to attend your county or state fair?

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
Giant turkey legs. Corn dogs. Cotton candy. Funnel cake. Fried snickers... fried pickles... heck, fried EVERYTHING!

Are you planning a trip to the fair this fall? What's your favorite unhealthy thing to eat while there? Any ride you look forward to, or maybe you enjoy the carny games?

I love fair food, and don't really care what it is. Well, I'm not fond of the gigantic turkey legs, but that's more a dark meat thing than it is a knock against turkey. Of course I do feel guilty about consuming whatever it is, but not until after I've eaten all of it!

I even enjoy taking a change on some of the games, even thought they are rigged and the prizes are cheap.

I don't do the rides anymore, though, but I do enjoy just walking around and seeing everything. Check out the size of that pig!! That's food for the whole town for a year!

Reactions: Mokey and Paintman
All of our fairs occurred in the summer! Now, it's time for Fall Festivals, of which we have many and most I avoid. It's not that I don't like them, but they seem to be the same old same old at every one out there. Crafts galore, for sure, cornstalks, pumpkins, etc. but nothing really new to see. :(

All of our fairs occurred in the summer! Now, it's time for Fall Festivals, of which we have many and most I avoid. It's not that I don't like them, but they seem to be the same old same old at every one out there. Crafts galore, for sure, cornstalks, pumpkins, etc. but nothing really new to see. :(
I know there are fall festivals around here, too, but I haven't been to one yet. We talked about going to one last year but my wife was on call that weekend and didn't want to chance venturing too far from home.

I miss Oktoberfest back in Missouri. Our town did a bang-up job! It's this weekend, and my kids promise to Skype me from the festivities so I can see what I'm missing. Both with German beers on board, I'm sure! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mokey
I love the county fair ! As a kid we'd go several times. I still go every year, and we make a full day of it.
Love the pig races, barrel races (a horse riding skill), new and old timey tractors, the industrial arts building with cool home made inventions, BBQ contests, giant lemonade, the BB machine gun game, bad 80's hair bands on the main stage, test your pitch speed on the radar gun, giant vegetables, photography contests, State Park's building, shoot the breeze with the Army recruiters, demolition derby - if it's late, I'll stay.
A high school pal enters the bee keeping and honey competitions and we give him attaboys, And ...... A # 1... THE MOUSE GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Reactions: Mokey
All the fairs up here are in the summer. We have two seasons: Winter and superquicksoakupthesunwhileitlasts Summer. Was up at the lake during the fair this year so we missed it. The rides make me nauseated, but give me a theme park with the biggest baddest rollercoaster, and I'm all over that.

I love the county fair ! As a kid we'd go several times. I still go every year, and we make a full day of it.
Love the pig races, barrel races (a horse riding skill), new and old timey tractors, the industrial arts building with cool home made inventions, BBQ contests, giant lemonade, the BB machine gun game, bad 80's hair bands on the main stage, test your pitch speed on the radar gun, giant vegetables, photography contests, State Park's building, shoot the breeze with the Army recruiters, demolition derby - if it's late, I'll stay.
A high school pal enters the bee keeping and honey competitions and we give him attaboys, And ...... A # 1... THE MOUSE GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Lake or Porter, Paintman???